EA - Exclusive Deal to Develop 'Core' Star Wars Video Games

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamasutra reports that EA has signed an agreement to develop and publish Star Wars games. This could mean....something.
The publisher announced today it has landed an exclusive multi-year agreement to develop and publish games based on Lucasfilms' Star Wars universe.

EA said the it will create and publish Star Wars games for a "core gaming audience" across multiple (undisclosed) platforms and genres. Disney, which has its own internal stable of game developers -- and owns the Star Wars property -- will retain rights to publish certain games on mobile, social, tablet and online.

The EA studios creating those "core" Star Wars games are Battlefield developer DICE, Dead Space developer Visceral Games and BioWare, which has plenty of spacefaring experience with Mass Effect, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

All of the games will be powered by DICE's high-powered Frostbite 3 engine, the same engine that powers Battlefield 3.
More information.

Jeez, I should have looked at the main page more closely (I made a thread in the forum).

If this mean more offline single player Star Wars RPGs, I'm not going to cry over it. Also, Frostbite 3! I can't wait to see Dragon Age 3 in it...

Jeez, I should have looked at the main page more closely (I made a thread in the forum).

If this mean more offline single player Star Wars RPGs, I'm not going to cry over it. Also, Frostbite 3! I can't wait to see Dragon Age 3 in it…

Well this can both be good or bad news really. If it means more SP StarWar Rpg's then I'm happy. Lucas didn't want to do anything but sit on the license anyway.

single player game that requires you to be online as a 'feature', no thanks.

Somehow I miss the excitment.
Star Wars is... Um... Is it some recent MMO? What was the name... Ah, yea... TOR!
Never played it. Nor I'm planning to.

It is possible we do get what we want and what we need and that's Kotor3, singleplayer RPG. Call me when that happens. Till then, I don't see anything that would add any positiveness to EA.

Just found out that EA registered thesims4.com domain.
http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-unveils-the-sims-4

Sims 4: Star Wars DLC incoming!
My dreams will come true, finally I'll be able to put Leia haircut on my toons.
OMG I'm so excited...

If it's EA, then NO WAY!!

Somehow I miss the excitment.
Star Wars is… Um… Is it some recent MMO? What was the name… Ah, yea… TOR!
Never played it. Nor I'm planning to.

It is possible we do get what we want and what we need and that's Kotor3, singleplayer RPG. Call me when that happens. Till then, I don't see anything that would add any positiveness to EA.

You do know that TOR plays a lot like KOTOR right?

I've got a really bad feeling about this. I guess there's no point in making a judgment until the games come out, though.

EA has taken a lot of flack recently (and numerous times in the past as well).

I'll just leave this here :p

2zok7tc.png

The reach of the sith grows long indeed.

Knights of the New Republic ?

-Sergorn

It's not like LucasArts were producing tons of awesome SW games, so I hardly consider this a disaster. I'll use this awesome approach called "wait and see". Try it, it works.

I foresee incoming Battlefield: Star Wars, because anything Battlefield will sell bazillions of units.

Apparently some MOD team has taken it upon them to create a Star Wars: Battlefront successor. From what I hear, it'll be a free, standalone game in CryEngine3...

Check Star Wars: BattleCry.

"Core audience" = Shooters, Action games ... *facepalm*

They say games - but what they mean is Star Wars as a service.

We're all thinking Star Wars can only go up from here, right?

Can't wait ;)

EA won 'worst company in America ' two years in a row for a reason

Back
Top Bottom