The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The update seems to have fixed the "load to red" issue. It's a long update and it appeared to die on "Initializing" when it was actually just thinking for several minutes. Be patient, grasshoppers. Introduced a couple new headaches, apparently, with not remembering previous data like account and last world played.

Anyhoo, Klubbir's status:
Rank 38
Carnival done
Delera Q1 done
3 Barrel untouched
Necro 1: 2/4 flags done, Bloody done
House K 5's done
STK done
Tangles 5's not done

Basically, I need to stay off Klubbir until a few of you do some catchup or I'll hit the ceiling. I'm not sure how I've gotten ahead of the group, particularly since I have no XP tome running and don't use XP pots. Maybe I've gotten involved in some catchup sessions when I wasn't the one catching up and being just a 2nd lifer probably isn't helping matters. I don't really care about hitting the ceiling, but unless I'm needed for assistance of others it's probably an unnecessary complication since I'm not missing any content the group intends to run. As a 2nd lifer, there's no real benefit to "banking" extra XP for the higher levels.

We'll see where the rest of the group sits, but perhaps this next week we should do a split where some of us work on their 7s while others run 14s or some such. There's not a whole lot of lvl6 content (since we seem to be punting on 3 Barrel again, it's mostly various bar quests), so maybe this "problem" fixes itself soon.

Hi, i'm new and Peter said to post up.

Gandorkis the Beige, 19 wizard right now on ddo Kyber, unlocked for shroud and fot, working on house c stuff, need the boots, etc. as soon as I have some fum money next month, i will pick up the first expansion. currently vip account.
Welcome to the madness. Hopefully we'll be able to party up at some point if you want the company.

I tried to log in the other day, took too long, got a red connections sign, and decided that it'd need some time to wait and then to retry it. I forgot it. *blushes*

Loading seems to indeed take quite a long time now, and after that, I very often get a red connection symbol. Which more or less means "game over" for me, at least for the next 1/4 - 1/2 hour, or until I restart my PC.

Which is a shame, really, because I'd really like to try it again, but maybe I'm spoilt by SWTOR already (no connection problems, no display driver problems …)

"Load to red" appears to be fixed now, Alrik. Even if it's not, you just have to reboot the DDO client, not your entire computer.

Okay, I'll try it again.

Necro1 finsihed that
Carnival At party crashers
Delera Q1 not done any
3 Barrel Have not been in there
STK Hobgoblin Hell Done
House K lvl5 bar quests (Lair and Chamber, IIRC) done

Rank is 37 with half a bar to go

Still not sure if I will be able to play this week. Going to KY and am certain I will be out on the 26th unless something changes big time. Just rock on and I will play catch up when I get back.

@ Dte you better get that book glued up and taped up. Where's you stach of duck tape? :cm:

Regarding "not being available" : I plan to spend the last weekend of this month (if things go right and I hope that they'll get right :) ) with the "Star Wars Celebration Europe". :)

I've saved the money for it for I think 3 months now, because the entrance tickets are so expensive - and because I do know that I'll want to spend money there, too. :D

I won't be able to get many signings, but at least (I hope, that) I'll be able to take LOTS of pictures there … :)
And I'll meet friends there as well. :)

So, now 'm looking forward to it, and slowly - very slowly - I'm getting excited about it, too. :)
Especially considering that I'll never be able to come as close to the actors as then (at least not within the few years). :)

Everyone of the main actors is there - only Harrison Ford is missing. And he'll be at the SDCC this weekend. ;)

Unfortunate update- The new launcher does remember your login and last server played unlike initial complaints, but the "load to red" isn't completely gone.

It probably just wiped the cookie storing the info when it updated.

I went ahead and got Mirys' level. She's now holding 8. Aerie has also pulled up to 10, which is a fairly big bump for her.

It looks like we're almost ready to take 8 though, depending on Corwin and Reywind's exact status.

Kitty made a new Char to play with you guys on friday with its a full druid specializing in healing back up and survivability though being freshly made its COMPLETLY undergeared so if you has a spot for me i would take it ^.^ also got the PunPun up to level 12 mostly holding levels at this point (though i dont have any to hold atm)

I am not vip but i have all the content so i could run anything ^.^

Cool. The more, the merrier, and we've got plenty of room since we usually have to split into 2 groups now. We start at 6pm your time, if I'm remembering your time zone properly.

We hope to be there this week. We're now in Toronto and setting up net access, etc. We have to remain fairly fluid since we're staying with relatives and have to fit in with their plans, but we should be available for most of the session though I believe it's a 7pm start here.

My artificer is now ready to TR. He got his cleansing stone.

I will TR into another artificer, but wonder if I should take 2 levels of rogue for the evasion or stay on a pure WF artificer. I didn't actually feel I needed evasion up to level 20. I could jump past those where the trap box was on the other side, but it could change on epic quests.

Suggestions?

JM took her Arty to 25 before TRing, without having Evasion at least most of the time. I do think she ended up in Shadowdancer, but I don't know how far into it she got before she TRed.

As far as I can recall, you'll have more issues with trap boxes in and past traps in the Heroic levels, not Epic. Save maybe some of the quests which were made epic from old heroics.

Then again, the capstone may be gone or too insanely expensive to get come NGE, so a Rogue splash may not be a bad thing.

Given the number of times Turbine has pulled the string on the enhancement overhaul, and given the steaming mess it appears they've got with it right now, I don't see much benefit in trying to plan ahead for it. If it actually rolls out, it will be such a cluster that we'll all have to adapt on the fly to whatever actually gets implemented anyway.

I'd go pure.

Everything should be fine for this evening as of right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom