Gothic 3 Crap machine...

Henry701

Traveler
I am trying to run Gothic 3 on this:

1GB of ram
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
ATI Radeon 9200 128mb

It works, there is a lag in the beginning battle and sometimes when there are a couple people in sight.
I have put everything on the lowest setting, is there anything else that I can do??

Install the latest community patch.
Maybe buy another GB or RAM.

Welcome to RPGWatch! :)

No, there's nothing you can do. I'm surprised it runs at all. To put it bluntly, you can hardly expect to run any reasonably up-to-date game on an office PC like that.

The CPU is okay, but you clearly don't have enough RAM. When a program runs out of RAM its performance stalls. It's like driving a Ferrari at maximum speed and then suddenly stopping, getting out and pushing the car. We're talking access time going down from ns to ms in combination with a decrease in transfer rate.
"Not enough RAM" is never a situation one should be in.

The graphics card is completely outdated. I would have expected the game not to start at all.

Last edited:
the best way to improve performance without installing anything is to change paging from C:\ to another drive or partition
start / right click on MY COMPUTER / properties / advanced / performance/ settings / advanced / virual memory / change

That's a good tweak, but unfortunately it's not going to help him in this situation. Like Gorath said, that graphics card really needs to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom