King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Trailer @ CRPG.RU

magerette

Hedgewitch
Russian site crpg.ru has posted a 2.35 minute trailer for the upcoming Armored Princess expansion to Katauri Interactive's strategy/rpg King's Bounty:The Legend. There's some footage of gameplay, the female avatar and a few boss battles. You can stream it here.
More information.

Armored? Armoured? That princess doesn't seem to be either very much. Misnomer or bad translation?

It's British English vs. American English.

King's Bounty: Armored Princess is a must have!

release date ?

Last edited:
Armored? Armoured? That princess doesn't seem to be either very much. Misnomer or bad translation?

Misnomer. The Russian title is King's Bounty: Princess in Armor, can't really make much more or less of it.

Definitely an add on I will buy - I love the game. I just hope they added useful functions like quest markers or more detailed maps. Looking for NPCs is still a bit of a pain in the neck.

Actually, there's the play of words which is lost in translation.
The Russian title is "Princessa v dospehah" which is similiar to "Prizrak v dospehah", the Russian name for "Ghost in the Shell" anime.
And it shares some common motives: the fragile girl fighting all alone, etc.

There's a lot of such puns in King's Bounty, as well as in Space Rangers (the previous game from this studio), but most of them are lost in US version, unfortunately.

Definitely an add on I will buy - I love the game. I just hope they added useful functions like quest markers or more detailed maps. Looking for NPCs is still a bit of a pain in the neck.

It's not an add-on, it's a full game in itself, a sequel.

The Russian title is "Princessa v dospehah" which is similiar to "Prizrak v dospehah", the Russian name for "Ghost in the Shell" anime.

Ugh. Honestly, if the title is a pun on friggin' Ghost in the Shell that's a bad thing, not a good thing.

It's not an add-on, it's a full game in itself, a sequel.

No, it's an add-on.

Seriously? I somehow fail to see any similarities b/n an Armoured Princess and Ghost in the Shell. Especially since GitS is not about a frail girl fighting alone as far as I'm aware.

Leaving that it does seem like a good add on or whatever it is, since little seems to be changing. Though I'm more interested whether it's standalone or indeed requires the previous one.

There are indeed a few Add-Ons out there which don't require the main game, like AOW: SM, for example.

And about Ghost in the Shell ? I thought this was only a movie ? I wouldn't care about it anyway, since it is not fantasy-based ...

And it shares some common motives: the fragile girl fighting all alone, etc.

There's a lot of such puns in King's Bounty, as well as in Space Rangers (the previous game from this studio), but most of them are lost in US version, unfortunately.

How exactly sharing the words "in armor" would make the title a pun of Ghost in the Shell...?

How exactly sharing the words "in armor" would make the title a pun of Ghost in the Shell...?

"Princess in Armor" sounds as stupid in Russian as it does in English, believe me. But anyone familiar with GitS translation will recognize it immediatley, cause this is the only one well known title with such name.
So it's not a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom