DraSa: Phileasson's Secret - Official Announcement & First Screenshots

The word "Sang" appears to me like the shortened form of a "Gesang", which is a work that has been sung - or been performed in a similar fashion towards an audience.

Example : The Iliad, The Odyssey - but also the original "Nibelungenlied".

A "Gesang" ist - down to he basics - the "Singing".

But the Nibelungenlied was performed as some kind of ... well, a kind of mdiaval predecessor to modern "Singing".

So, a "Gesang" is then a kind of "huge story", a bit like the "Silmarillion". Or at least the first few chapers of what Christopher olkien publihed as what we know as the "Silmarillion" (J.R.R. would have liked it to consists of a few other parts, I guess).

Or the Story of Húrin and his Children.

So - the Term "Gesang" refers to a huge story", containing all kinds of Drama.

But - it also contains the past time form of the German "singing" : "Er sang" means "he sang" or "he has ben singing at one point in the past".

So, the term "drakensang" has several layers of meaning, actually. One is a "big, huge story about Dragons", which might "have been 'sung' at one point" (preferrable in the past, but given that the term "Gesang" in the meaning of the "Nibelungenlied" also means a work of literature, this is not a forced meaning).
The other meaning is the "singing of the dragons themelves", which sounds good, but is without any facts. At least I know of none.
Another aspect could be odf "oher people singing about dragons".
And keep in mind that "singing" always has the second meaning of performing a big, huge story" like the Iliad.

The "big, huge story" has already been published, by the way. (Edit: Only 2 out the 3 books.) It is actually a three-book pen & paper campain about Dragons. I know almost nothing of it, because a) it's expensive (25 Euros for each of the 3 books) and b) I'm not that much interested in it so far, because I'm an inactive player.

The video game of Drakensang is set to be some kind of "prelude" to it.

I did everything I could. ;)

But I'm not perfect. ;)

Now, back to my bed. I've been playing Drakensang 2 again for far too much time now - it's 3 in the morning ! O_O

Yeah, totally right !!! :D

tumblr_kycanwNgB51qzfe84o1_400_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom