D&d games?

EDRPGFAN

Watcher
were any dnd or ogl crpgs released aftr knights of the chalice?

maybe
(lol had to do it)
There are some like Neverwinter, but none turn-based tactical like games of old.

Oddly enough, I just started replaying KotC for the fourth time a few days ago. Man, this game is head and shoulders above most of the games released in the past five years, imo.

You got that right Carnifex one of the few games I have played all they way thru more then twice. I think I have completed it 4x now. Once was on nightmare mode where if you die you die. That was nerve racking towards the end.

Wasn't Daggerdale released after Knights of the Chalice? Not that I'm recommending that you play that game, mind you.

And we do of course have the recent MMO called Neverwinter.

Strange aparently no-one decided to do a Pathfinder-based CRPG (except that MMO…)

I never understood that, either. Pathfinder is quite popular here in Germany.

I recently saw a boxed version of that Neverwinter Online game.

looks good, is it a one-person project or is there a team?

One person project at the moment. I'm open to help, and some of my friends are brushing up their Blender skills at the moment to contribute, however I've done everything myself so far. I'm a developer mainly, but have been working on my 3D modeling skills for some time, and 2D drawing skills more recently via the aid of a Wacom tablet. Art is still my Achilles Heel though, however I think it's a matter of continuing to learn and apply myself to improve.

Look out for a 2nd, more interesting, gameplay video by Monday - I'll post an update to the Subterranea thread in the Indie forum, and here!

Oddly enough, I just started replaying KotC for the fourth time a few days ago. Man, this game is head and shoulders above most of the games released in the past five years, imo.

A shame the developer seems determined to focus on his RTSs rather than a sequel to KotC.

Dude! u'r my new god)))
in other tёrms just can't wait to get my hands on this game

Thanks! My favorite game growing up was Pool of Radiance - I always thought that a game like that in a new engine with modern and graphics would be awesome. I like:

a) Being able to create my own customized party

b) Large parties (up to 6)

c) A number of complementary classes

d) Lots of extra character features, like abilities, feats, skills, etc.

e) Turn-based combat

f) Emergent gameplay via physics

g) Old-school dungeon adventures, where it's just as important to pack a rope as it is a sword, i.e. there are environmental challenges/puzzles to overcome, as well as combat

h) Hand-crafted encounters where tactics (positioning, cover, timing, etc), will give superior results.

That's what Subterranea is developing into!

Sounds excellent, Jmab - a noble endeavour to be sure. :)

I very much appreciate your feature list and will definitely be keeping an eye on your progress, as I'm sure other AD&D Watchers will be as well.

P.S: Did you play Knights of the Chalice? If so, what were your impressions? That was a wonderful attempt to bring back those classic turn based AD&D/Goldbox inspired dungeon crawls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom