Gothic 3 Finally, a few questions for a GIII beginner

Ok, I have two new problems...
What do I do with gold nuggets ? Are they just to be sold or quest-related ?
And Phil from Cape Dun doesn't talk to me anymore... Should I just hand him over to the Orcs or is there something else I can do to make him talk to me again ?

Well, all of that + the questions I asked before ...

You'll need 50 gold nuggets for a quest in Geldern.

The grain thieves have the last sacks, which is a nice little tie-in between quests.

Go into the woods just at the other side of the path leading past the farm and keep the mountain just to the right of you. Watch out for snappers on the way ;)

The rest of the hungry wolves are behind the woods that are opposite the lighthouse of Cap Dun.

Correction:There are some hungry wolves in a small valley behind the place you can find the escaped slave.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll go check it out soon enough again.

So, to give you guys an idea of where I'm at...

Level 20
LPs 68
Strength 161
Hunting 134
Ancient Knowledge 6
Smithing 11
Thieving 30
Alchemy 25
Life 200
Endurance 150
Mana 100

Armor
Blades 35
Impact 30
Missiles 35

Skills
Strong Swordfighter
Silent Hunter
All trophies
Pick difficult locks

Now, I have several questions again.

I'm currently in Silden and the guy that was supposed to give me the pelts (8 crates) told me he gave them to me, but I didn't get them and so when I want to give them to the warehouse keeper, I can't. Is that normal or are they next to him somewhere because I can't find them.

Also, Phil in Cape Dun still doesn't talk to me so I can't give him the bundles of weapons, should I just turn him in to the Orcs ?

I don't understand when I can or cannot take something from somewhere aqnd when the orcs would know or not. Like if I go in a house and no one sees me, but then some orc will tell me that some stuff has gone missing and that he's keeping an eye on me. What can I do ? Do I need better thieving ability or skills ?

I'm also not sure if I should invest in shields or large weapons ? What do you guys/girls reckon ?

How much strength should I have before fighting in the arenas ? Since they all give one extra strength point ?

Also, should I get better armor by now ? Or just that light helmet some people sell, which gives like +10 or something against blades and missiles ?

Any other advice ?

How much strength should I have before fighting in the arenas ? Since they all give one extra strength point ?
Not having invested any points to strength and fighting with the Orc Slayer and a quarterstaff I managed to defeat every arena except the one at Mora Sul,It just took me some reloads.I'm sure you'll manage.

I'm currently in Silden and the guy that was supposed to give me the pelts (8 crates) told me he gave them to me, but I didn't get them and so when I want to give them to the warehouse keeper, I can't. Is that normal or are they next to him somewhere because I can't find them.
I don't remember much but I think there are some crates lying around and one one the well.

I don't understand when I can or cannot take something from somewhere aqnd when the orcs would know or not. Like if I go in a house and no one sees me, but then some orc will tell me that some stuff has gone missing and that he's keeping an eye on me. What can I do ? Do I need better thieving ability or skills ?
I'll just link you to an interesting thread @Wog
(Click)
Seems like it doesn't matter whether or not someone will see you but the percentage of the things you have stolen.

It's after 250 that STR becomes more expensive. Also note that you get bonus STR (or did, I didn't check with the new CP, but why should it be different?) for lifting up a millstone (IIRC) - you do need a certain minimal strength already to manage it, though. I think the first one is inside the Montera castle courtyard, so see it for yourself (large white stone laying on the ground) if I sound confusing (and I do :p).

It's after 250 that STR becomes more expensive. Also note that you get bonus STR (or did, I didn't check with the new CP, but why should it be different?) for lifting up a millstone (IIRC) - you do need a certain minimal strength already to manage it, though. I think the first one is inside the Montera castle courtyard, so see it for yourself (large white stone laying on the ground) if I sound confusing (and I do :p).
The CP may have altered the bonus STR from 5 to 3 as they did with lecterns.
I think you should have at least 200STR before trying to lift one.

Not having invested any points to strength and fighting with the Orc Slayer and a quarterstaff I managed to defeat every arena except the one at Mora Sul,It just took me some reloads.I'm sure you'll manage.

I don't think I'll have trouble, but should I ?

I don't remember much but I think there are some crates lying around and one one the well.

What's one one ? one on the well ?

I'll just link you to an interesting thread @Wog
(Click)
Seems like it doesn't matter whether or not someone will see you but the percentage of the things you have stolen.

So, having good thieving ability doesn't matter much ? That's annoying ...

What's a millstone ?
I can't enter any castles yet, since I don't have 75 reputation points anywhere yet.

Also, what about my other points ?

I don't think I'll have trouble, but should I ?
You might want to increase your life a bit but you shouldn't have any problem.
What's one one ? one on the well ?
Yup,it was a typo,there is one crate on the well.
So, having good thieving ability doesn't matter much ? That's annoying ...
It matters only for the "Make Excuses" chance of success and for the chests.
What's a millstone ?
29662_1.jpg

Maybe you'll find them in game as "wheatstones"

They're usually on like a stand, to hone the blades and stuff ? Do you mean I have to lift them somehow at some point to get more strength ?
There are some on the ground , if you have enough strength you be able to lift them.
I think there is one behind Jared's building in Geldern.

The millstones are only available if you have over 75% in that specific town unless you've liberated the town. When you get that required 75%, you'll see a millstone lying on the ground in the castle of Montera. You also have a lot of them lying in Venguard. (I think it starts at 200STR and the last one needs 275STR I believe)

So what do I do with my 68 LPs ?

GI was simpler, strength, life, sword, sword II and then you got good armor :)

It's up to you,since you can take trophies and skins I'd take the prospector perk and the one that improves your armor protection.Increasing your life by 50% will make a huge difference early in the game.Endurance is needed only in one quest in Nordmar and I think 200 is enough.You should consider increasing your STR to 200 just to be able to lift better swords.

The millstones are only available if you have over 75% in that specific town unless you've liberated the town. When you get that required 75%, you'll see a millstone lying on the ground in the castle of Montera. You also have a lot of them lying in Venguard. (I think it starts at 200STR and the last one needs 275STR I believe)
What do you mean?As soon as you find one you can lift it,it's not affected by your reputation.

Back
Top Bottom