Witcher 3 - Video Interview @ Game Informer

aries100

SasqWatch
Game Informer has an video interview with lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz as well as director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, director for CD Project RED. In the interview they talk about which features might make it into the game based on the feedback from fans who played The Witcher 2. In the third Witcher game, we might then get see this: a less, political story, a new tutorial which is part of they storyline, combat being more responsive, a not so steep difficulty curce as in Witcher 2, more side quest and much much more.

More information.

Fan feedback the bane of all new rpg's. Why don't we ask Bioware what the fans wanted and they delivered on. I follow the belief make the game you want to your best ability.

Fans don't even know what they want in games. You will never please everybody. It's not possible.

Bioware? You mean some EA company that sells crap DLC for taxfree fraud nonexisting currency with quasiDRM and definetly malware client?
:D

Last edited:
Fan feedback the bane of all new rpg's.
Not necessarily.
It´s just a question of how to go about it, what to listen to, etc.
Letting fan feedback change the vision is one thing, but using it to execute the vision better is another.
For example, I think CDPR did a very good job on the enhanced edition and I´m quite sure the most notable content addition, the two new questlines in the last chapter, were added largely due to feedback.

But yeah, hopefully CDPR won´t go the "pander-y" route with TW3.
Judging by the interview, so far so good - no level scaling was re-confirmed and as a bonus we got a Gothic name drop :).

I trust these guys, which is pretty rare for me and people of the high-end industry. It's like they're giving me all the things I've been wanting for the sequel - so they must have good taste :)

Fan feedback the bane of all new rpg's. Why don't we ask Bioware what the fans wanted and they delivered on. I follow the belief make the game you want to your best ability.

Fans don't even know what they want in games. You will never please everybody. It's not possible.

Of course they can't that's why they should just try to please me.:lol:

Not necessarily. It´s just a question of how to go about it, what to listen to, etc. Letting fan feedback change the vision is one thing, but using it to execute the vision better is another.

I agree with that. Gamers are all over the place when it comes to opinions on games and gameplay and if you put 100 gamers in a room and asked them what color the sky is on a sunny clear summer day at the equator you'd probably get 1001 different opinions.

But if the developer processes fan feedback through the filter of their own vision and designs for the game, then i think good results can happen. And we've seen what can happen when fan feedback drives the game design… it is usually fatal, at least critically if not commercially.

That is a point. But it must be read for what it is: for the Witcher 2, CD project had listened to the fans. The fans stated they wanted an "old school" game, one with a complex story, one you are not hand held in it etc The result is known: fans found the political twists too difficult to follow, they found the lack of tutorial detrimental..

So it is better to read it that CD project have learned how to listen to fans, by not listening to what they ask but rather see what they adopt and reject.

If a fan states he would love to play a game like this but actually his way of playing shows he would loathe play a game like this, CD project is going to make a game like that.

Not necessarily.

For example, I think CDPR did a very good job on the enhanced edition and I´m quite sure the most notable content addition, the two new questlines in the last chapter, were added largely due to feedback.

Yes but all this went after the game was released. It is far different from influencing the pre release developpment stage.

Back
Top Bottom