The Witcher - Interview & Trailer @ GameSpot

Fallout crowd? How? By having a pregenerated character that roleplays the game for you? Stat-lite, rp-lite, twitch-combat, no challenge, hordes of enemies attacking, preset, diabo-lite, bullshit? I fall into the Fallout crowd and the last thing I plan on doing is buying another fake-rpg, challengless, drivel. .

The preset character -- you have a point there. But the dialog options and character development choices look very robust, along with the morally ambiguous atmosphere that many games attempt but few succeed in. It looks like you have real choices and consequences in the game. When I mentioned the types of fans that would like the game, I mentioned Fallout as one of a list that includes Gothic too.

And where are you coming up with the idea that the game won't present a challenge or it will be Diablo-lite? What tells you that it will be a fake RPG? It clearly has way more dialog than the pure action RPG's like Dungeon Siege and Diabo, and it also looks like it has a lot better combat system. Kind of a mixture of RPG and twitch, like Gothic. In fact, the game looks a lot to me like an isometric Gothic. If the game can provide the role-playing experience that the Gothic series does without all of the annoying bugs and glitches, I'll be delighted.

Actually, I think his broad point might be right - if you particularly love Fallout for the fabulous way different character builds can be created and meaningfully interact with the game, The Witcher isn't it.

The Gothic comparison is far more apt (although also flawed in plenty of ways). I think most people will play in third-person mode, in which case it often feels Gothic-y.

I prefer games to have a strong story line with a captivatíng main character (like kotor, gothic, deus ex) than always having that "create your own character from scratch option".

I prefer games to have a strong story line with a captivatíng main character (like kotor, gothic, deus ex) than always having that "create your own character from scratch option".

Well, I like rpgs. But to each their own.

"And where are you coming up with the idea that the game won't present a challenge or it will be Diablo-lite? What tells you that it will be a fake RPG? It clearly has way more dialog than the pure action RPG's like Dungeon Siege and Diabo, and it also looks like it has a lot better combat system. Kind of a mixture of RPG and twitch, like Gothic. In fact, the game looks a lot to me like an isometric Gothic. If the game can provide the role-playing experience that the Gothic series does without all of the annoying bugs and glitches, I'll be delighted."

The Trailer is where I came up with these crazy ideas. But that could've been evil corporate trickery at work.

The movie I just watched, Death Proof, had a bunch of dialog too, it was a fantastic rpg (but not such a good movie).

"Great. But it's the rest of the crap that usually tags along that I think we can all do without..."

Why are you so mean and hurtful with these personal attacks? Well, I for one will be the bigger man and say I love you and want to hold you and hug you and suck on your earlob maybe a little even (if it seemed apropriate at the time and felt right and you were a consenting adult). I want you to talk and share, even if you want to stiffle and silence me. I forgive you.

Why are you so mean and hurtful with these personal attacks? Well, I for one will be the bigger man and say I love you and want to hold you and hug you and suck on your earlob maybe a little even (if it seemed apropriate at the time and felt right and you were a consenting adult). I want you to talk and share, even if you want to stiffle and silence me. I forgive you.

OK. That was funny. But, no, you can not PM me. Under any circumstances.

Unless the person is a young, hot, chick!! :biggrin:

I believe, Chamr, the emoticon you were looking for in response to this is: :sarcasm:

Or possibly: :movingon:

I personally felt this was most appropriate!: :slap::

How about :puke:?
(I don't think we have one denoting stark horror.)

You know you're right? I was looking for the one that has the big eyes and long hair that goes straight up, but I guess that was on rpgDot.

Attn: Corwin!! You need to get on this asap.... Item: One emoticon denoting stark horror.

In order to justify this additional expenditure of RPGWatch resources, I propose that everyone start using the current selection of emoticons,.. smilies, if you will, more freely. Items such as :excited:,:clap:,:wow:, and :stupid:, if used, could greatly enhance the discussions found on RPGWatch. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. :bow:

Arhu and sometimes Jaz, I think, are the emoticon experts here, not me. Send them a PM with your suggestions!! :)

I'm just wondering how much from the concepts will actually be in the game ...

Back
Top Bottom