Hellgate London - Founder's Offer Extended

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From the Hellgate: London site -
Hello fellow survivors and would-be saviors of London.
Good news! Based on the number of requests from our community, we’re extending the Founder’s lifetime subscription membership offer through the end of the 2007. We’re also in the process of working on bringing more payment options online, including Pay By Cash and Paypal, and we're working hard to include the ability for players to use debit cards, which we know is the preference of many players in our European community.
We’ll keep you updated as to when these options will become available. Thanks for your patience and continued support of Hellgate: London.
More information.

Translation: Good News! Based on our poor subscription uptake data we're extending our founder offer to try and pull in more gullible punters. Maybe the fools can salvage our rapidly dying subscription model before it's dead in the water due to our piss-poor multpilayer component that isn't worth paying anything over the initial game cost for.

Now the only things left to do;

- Quit double or triple billing people who are actually willing to pay for this mess
- Fix Bugs that were reported MONTHS ago during Beta (Engineer pets being one of the biggest)
- Get a community management team that will actually report issues in a timely and honest manner, engage in 2-way dialogs and be actually *GASP* helpful
- Dump the Hyper-invasive EULA that grants EA and its unknown 3rd party partners carte blanc to your software/hardware.

Honestly I enjoyed the game in Beta and was willing to shell out my hard-earned ducats for a founder's sub but the billing issues, substandard community management (which is our only outlet for dialog) and EULAgate has me staying far, far away.

Sad Really. Given more development time and someone at the helm steering for anything besides that big ship-crunching iceberg, the title oozes potential and was great fun in Beta. EULAgate and the above listed issues cost them quite a few hundred dollars from me and my gaming m8s. That craptastic demo probably did not help their case with those uninformed with the title's other issues as well.

I cant imagine playing any game for over a year straight. Mmogs are good for only month or two and then come back year later if they have made real updates. People who play same game for years straight have only themselves to blame if they cant find any "fun" from it.

Back
Top Bottom