GameSpy - 2006 PC Game of the Years Awards

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSpy has kicked up their 2006 PC Game of the Year Awards, with several games of interest. There's no prize for guessing the RPG category winner but here's the overall Top 10:
PC Top 10 Games of the Year
1. Company of Heroes
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3. Half-Life 2: Episode One
4. Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators
5. Neverwinter Nights 2
6. Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords
7. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Dark Crusade
8. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
9. GTR 2
10. LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Meanwhile, Obsidian is calling for fans to vote for NWN2 in GameSpot's awards (Best PC game, Best RPG) and Bethsoft is rallying the faithful for Oblivion in 1Up's awards.
More information.

I guess G3 was not even nominated. NWN 2 surprisingly high.

Wasn't Space Rangers 2 published first in Russia already a couple of years ago?

Gothic 3 doesn't belong on a Top 10 best list for anything but music, unfortunately. Anything else rewards the release of a tremendously buggy and problematic - basically unfinished - game.

The list looks pretty decent, though it is obviously a 'let's make sure all genre fans are happy' list. I'm just glad they didn't lose the obvious fact that the PC was dominated by strategy games this year.

What an awful year for the PC. The fact that a game that lasted only three and a half hours is the year's best FPS is a sorry statement about PC gaming right now.

It's maybe so for the FPS genre, doctor_kaz, but in my opinion there were quite a few good games released for the Pc this year.

That may be the case, but more and more, if you're not a huge fan of WoW or RTS, PC gaming is sucking. Worst year for FPS since the invention of the FPS. Compare 2006 with 2004, when the PC had exclusives Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Painkiller, UT2K4, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and Tribes: Vengeance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom