Fallout 3 - Six Hours of Exploring @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN rounds out their Fallout 3 week with Six Hours of Exploring. Although they avoid Megaton, they still cover territory we've seen before - spoilers obviously apply:
Much has already been written about the first few hours outside of the vault, so I won't tread over old ground. You'll likely hit up Megaton, the closest town to where you begin, and then follow quests from there that lead you to various surrounding areas. It's all about exploration in Fallout 3. The game even gives you some experience points for each new landmark you discover. For me, this series of quests and wandering led to Tenpenny Tower, a luxurious apartment complex that houses a number of snobs and generally evil people.
More information.

I have to admit the more I read about Fallout 3 - the more I look forward to getting this game. Despite my doubts about the combat system, I think this game is looking good.

The game even gives you some experience points for each new landmark you discover

It sounds like an explorer's dream. :excited:

I agree somewhat. I like these long hands on previews. Was 2 5-hour onces aswell some time ago that made it sound promising.

But, all those interviews with develepors and ½ hour hands on previews, seems to focus on the wrong things. Or gets excited about things that I don't.

At the heart of the tunnel, after fighting numerous feral ghouls, you'll find Roy and his friends. You don't have to kill them, of course. If you decide to talk to them and befriend the troupe, you can go on a series of quests with some very cool rewards, according to Bethesda, that I won't spoil here. I just killed them and went back to Tenpenny Tower for my reward.

Thats what I like to see. Quests where you can influence the result. Assuming that your original quest didn't just got a "failed" marker on it.

I really don't know. The good and bad I heard seems to kind of balance, so I'm really not sure what to expect. All in all it sounds like there should be more for me to like than there was with Oblivion, so I am vaguely hopeful. I'll wait for a few comments from the open-minded but critical souls here at the watch and elsewhere before I decide to get it or not. At least I am not hyped nor overinformed this time, so the chance to enjoy the game is probably much higher.

If you dont kill the quest npc you get to do the quest - doesnt sound like a much of a choice?

Not sure if that was related to my post.

But, it seemed like you get a quest to kill someone, but you are able to change the result of that quest by not killing him and then "work" for him instead.
It all depends on what the original quest sais about that and how it will influence your relation to the orignal questgiver. If it just gives a "Failed" quest, then its no different from quests in Oblivion for example. Anyone can decide not to do a quest.

Hopefully, the quests you do for the ghoul that you were supposed to kill is related somehow to the original quest you got and to the person/faction that wanted you to kill the Ghoul. So that the original quest actually has more than 1 result.

This game make me remember oblivion a lot, i really enjoy the fallout 1 and 2, i don't want screw those memories playing this game, i don't like oblivion, was too plastic for me, i mean the world was soo empty?
________
Ttr50

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom