Funcom - Positive Figures in Q1

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a report about their financials for Q1 2009 Funcom shows again a positive quarter (7 Million Dollars). Besides all the financial stuff it also adds some stuff about Age of Conan mentioning longer subscription periods, increased customer base and that 120 people are still working on it. In addition it shows Funcom is keeping its options open and keeps on working on their new MMO The Secret world and several free-to-play MMOs amonst which are Java and browser games.
More information.

ONE HUNDRED TWENTY PEOPLE!?!? That's a pretty huge staff! Are they counting folks like support staff?

I think they also count people more than once. There are also 100 people working on The Secret World and then some on the other MMOs they are doing. Probably they are working on more than one game at the time.

Does anyone remember whether they were going to publish the (episodic) finale to the Longest Journey/Dreamfall series? Or has the whole thing been canned?

Making MMORPGS take a huge amount of people and is a very complex process!

The company invests heavily in the Age of Conan game and
currently has 120 people, excluding customer service, working
on the Age of Conan game, primarily in development.

From their press release, so I'm guessing it doesn't include support staff...but nothing says that they don't count people "twice" if people work on more than one thing and what not.

Good news in my opinion. Too many developers going down the drain right now.

Back
Top Bottom