Risen 2 Risen 2 (not performance!) bugs

Another vote for the monkey bug...

I have a base cunning of 7 (9 with items) and still lost the monkey training skill shortly after purchasing it on Antigua... Which sucks because it would appear as though I can steal from people with the monkey if the skill is active.

Is there a work around or is this a known bug that is yet to be addressed?

Again, I don't think this is a bug. You've got the monkey (it's in your inventory amongst usable items) and if you want another one you have to buy another one. You can't train monkeys per say.

You can't steal from people with the monkey anyways. You use him to access places the hero can't reach.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading it wrong… But if you go to the character sheet -> Skills -> Cunning skills -> Monkey Trainer -> "Allows you to command your monkey to steal for you" is the description for that specific skill. Which a short time after purchase is no longer "active" but back to being greyed out… Also, whenever I whip out my monkey I get a pop up sign/graphic that indicates hold RMB to check the target. Unfortunately I have yet to check any targets with my monkey.

@ Hwfanatic, yes I understand that you personally can't tame/train monkeys… I was simply under the impression they could steal from(some) NPCs and figured that ability could be tied to the vanishing monkey trainer skill.

If you find out what "hold RMB to check target" does, please do share.

Yeah no clue… I figured out how to enable the console command(type "pommes" w/o quotes while the game is initially firing up*must type it fast* and press ~ to bring up the console once in game). I typed in "teach PerkCunningMonkeyTrainer 1" which did in fact re-enable the skill, however that didn't allow me to do anything special.

Call it wishful thinking but I thought it would be awesome if the monkey would fleece people blind while the PC distracted them with inane claptrap. TBH, I had hoped there would be a way to steal the legendary items from certain NPCs instead of forking over 2k gold(EG hand mirror booze sells).

The monkey skill doesn't actually get disabled. The bug simply makes it look like you no longer have it, but it still works fine.

The monkey can't interact with people, although some people will make comments if they see him. You can use him to enter small spaces to open doors from the other side, and he can also open chests and pick up items. He can't sneak or pickpocket.

^ Good to know that the skill itself is unaffected by the aforementioned bug… Yeah, I get the rest… The monkey has defrayed his initial cost a couple times over with his ability to get through tight spaces and flip levers.

I simply thought(hoped) he could do more like sneak/steal/pickpocket. I guess I had this mental image of a street performer with an organ grinder and his pet monkey collecting money/stealing shiny objects.

That would have been cool, but I think the devs had to be careful about making that skill overpowered. It would also diminish the need for your own thievery skill, unless they gave the monkey his own stat checks.

Either that or have a couple scenarios where the PC and monkey work in tandem, in which case it would fall to the PC to pass a stat check… Though the possibility to attempt and fail could be really funny too(if implemented right).

But yeah, I agree that the monkey could easily be OP if he could pick locks and pockets.

When doing the quest to liberate the ship from Puerto Isabella, I couldn't get the guy guarding the cannons to leave no matter what I said or did. I had to sabotage the cannons one at a time while he he fired a musket at me. Same for you guys?

If u sided with natives u can use scepter of fear if u have it. Dunno for the inquisitions way though, didnt play it.

It was just a matter of time till someone finds a money earning bug. Seems you can gather a huge stockpile of cash by abusing the shooting minigame on Tacarigua.

Pay 50 gold and win shooting fleet then pay 10 gold for the other shooting game but lose that one. When you lose, there is again a dialogue option to play shooting fleet.

Did anyone find a recipe for the potion which increases toughness permanently?
One of the vendors had the potion (leather skin potion, iirc) for sale, but I haven´t found a recipe to put those hero´s crowns to use (other than eating them).
May not be a bug, but if there´s no recipe for the potion by design it´s quite weird.
Maybe I´ve just missed it.

The only recipe for a permanent stat potion that I recall seeing was for Graveroot extract. I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to potion recipes though, despite going the Voodoo route. I stopped using potions about 2/3 thru the game because I felt they were overpowered after bumping up the Ritual talent.

I´ve found recipes for the potions boosting the other 4 groups of talents at various vendors, which leads me to suspect the potential omission of the last one may be a bug.

The permanent boosters are fine in terms of balance I think - the rare herbs are rewards for exploration and making them more useful is a reward for investing into character development and into those recipes, plus ritual has no effect on these potions´ strength - they always boost the talents only by 2 points.

It's not a game breaker - you can still solve Fire Temple quest.
The problem appears only if you choose not to kill the deserter so to avoid that completely, either kill the deserter or bring him to safety after you learn the truth from the shaman.
I disagree. It is a game-breaker.
If you bring Angus to Valdez you will have to fight the whole village. The chieftain (Datu) doesn't believe you and there is no subtle way to do the whole thing. Furthermore Valdez offers no help.
So in essence you have to reload the game and depending on how you play and what you have done in the meantime, it can really ruin your day. Way to go PB!

So in essence you have to reload the game and depending on how you play and what you have done in the meantime, it can really ruin your day. Way to go PB!

Indeed. I solved it by using voodoo to mind control various people to attack each other in the village. Turned into quite a mayhem, but in the end Garcia was dead and nobody blamed me for it.

I don't think there's any way around this if you go with muskets instead of voodoo - it's pretty much a game breaker, as you said.

As for the toughness potion recipe - I have not been able to locate it either. I found a single potion, but no recipe, so I just eat hero's crowns when I come across them now.

The permanent boosters are fine in terms of balance I think - the rare herbs are rewards for exploration and making them more useful is a reward for investing into character development and into those recipes, plus ritual has no effect on these potions´ strength - they always boost the talents only by 2 points.

Yeah, I was talking about potions in general, not the permanent stat ones. I just didn't bother brewing the permanent stat potions because my stats were high enough by the end of the game without them.

I ended up just eating 5 each of Jester Caps, Hero's Crowns, and Graveroots. Didn't even use the other stat plants.

There are 4 permastat recipes and one of them is bugged.

And finally someone found a gamestopper bug that will happen to maybe only 1 of a million players.

If you sell Steelbeard's hat to Wilson in Antigua, later Wilson won't have the trade option and you won't be able to buy the hat back. The problem is - you need this hat to summon Steelbeard's ghost later (main quest)!
The only solution is to cheat and get the hat via console as Steelbeard's hat unlike other main quest items is not unsellable.

Back
Top Bottom