Having your cake and eating it too

I'm totally going to wake up one day soon and find out that the world has united under the benevolence of the Finns, aren't I :C

I very much doubt it. These things are best done in secret, and we're way too masterly a race to allow our cover to be blown so YOU would find out about it.

Edit: Hey, is that a knock on the door? I wasn't expecting anyone...!

I just realised my humor is not suited for an american audience ;)

Better stay out and leave you to it.

Why? I think this thread is great - it is what I was trying to prod early on. Clearly this wasn't going anywhere serious ... and heck, if we all can't have a nice laugh at ourselves (or at least our stereotypes) then why even bother!

Why? I think this thread is great - it is what I was trying to prod early on. Clearly this wasn't going anywhere serious ... and heck, if we all can't have a nice laugh at ourselves (or at least our stereotypes) then why even bother!

That's what I tried :)

But I think young Rith kinda took it too seriously, and I didn't want to upset him by explaining certain things because it might not be perceived as humor :)

He seems to be under the impression that the US is solely responsible for defeating germans and their allies, and that for some reason we danes needed help during WW1 :)

So I tried to take the "adult" way out... I have a history around here, you know. But even if I think you all are the weird ones, I can still be "considerate" in moderation.

:biggrin:

Naturally, it could be that HE was having the same kind of fun - but since he told PJ that he wasn't sure I was being funny, I thought it best to just go away.

In reality, I have much admiration for what the american people have done throughout history, especially pre-Vietnam. Beyond that, I don't really assign value to anyone because of where they were born. I DO think, to be serious, that your current corporate culture is horrible - but it's widespread and I would never blame you as a people. It's just how things have developed and we danes have our own mistakes in abundance as well.

No, I was still joking. Doing the typical American ... have you ever seen the simpsons? I think this line from one episode captures that attitude perfectly. It's about giving a trillion dollars to Europe:

"This money will help our allies who fought so poorly and surrendered so readily during the war." :p

But no, it was a joke.

No, I was still joking. Doing the typical American ... have you ever seen the simpsons? I think this line from one episode captures that attitude perfectly. It's about giving a trillion dollars to Europe:

"This money will help our allies who fought so poorly and surrendered so readily during the war." :p

But no, it was a joke.

Ok then ;)

I really never figured out what this thread was about ... but I like it!

That's probably the most accurate assessment of a situation I've ever read, DArtagnan, lol.

Maybe we should make this some sort of ceremonial "fake insult any country you want!" thread.

What hey? What's this "fake" stuff? We're racing for pinks, man.

Let those yellow-bellied leeches stuff their mouths with Freedom Fries so that we don't have to listen to their incessant whining.

I wasn't quite sure whether this should go in the Off-topic forum or here, but this thread seems so far gone that it'll do, I think.

"Woman 'torched Briton's genitals'"

A drunk British yoik was showing off his family jewels to a Cretan beauty at a nightclub. She eventually got fed up, threw a glass of Sambuca at them, and followed up with a cigarette lighter. Whoosh!

The man suffered second-degree burns "on his chest and abdomen," but will presumably make a full recovery.

Normally I'm totally opposed to vigilantism and such, but in this case, I have a terribly hard time mustering up a lot of sympathy for the poor victim. As to her, I hope they give her a medal.

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves:
Britons never will be slaves.

For a moment I thought Cretan was a mis-spell for cretin, but then I realized not. I must say it gives a new meaning to the term 'hot date.'

I expect he'll be hearing a lot of "great balls of fire" jokes.

One way or another British youth always get involved in extreme situations here.
They enjoy crossing every live in vacations.

But this was a bit funny nevertheless.

Having *your* nuts on fire is certainly not funny.

*Someone else's* nuts on fire is funny.

Back
Top Bottom