Gothic 3 A hardware test proposal?

mudsling3

Sentinel
I want to see the definitive adventages of Dual-Core in Gothic3. Has anyone done or seen tests of Single vs. Dual-Core processors of the same speed on Gothic3? This test should be done with everything else(hardwares and game settings) being equal/same. I am interested in the FPS comparison.

I doubt very seriously PB has had time to implement DC or at the very least optimise DC if it is indeed in the engine currently.

PB said that dual core machines would be significantly better off as one core would handle streaming in the game world. A figure of 30% faster was quoted.

I can vouch for dual-core CPUs. The game runs great on my system (take a look at my sig). Medium quality runs around 30 FPS (minus ram-intensive stuttering).

Let's me ask the question in a different way. Is anyone here playing with MAX settings? Tell us about your system setup.

I'm at max on everything but d.o.f. and have extended the detail, spawn & vegetation ranges through the ini file. 6400 Duo, 7900 GT, Raptor, 2GB. Frame rate is ok, if not stellar.

Did a quick check with Fraps. My ini tweaks seem to be costing me about 10% of my framerate in the starting area... Entity spawn range is defintely worth tweaking. The others are more cosmetic :)

Back
Top Bottom