Good Old Games - Baldur's Gate 2 Released

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I think everyone saw this one coming from a mile away.

Still, you can't argue with another release of one of the greatest crpgs ever made.

You can now purchase the beloved classic, Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion for $9.99 at GoG. As a bonus you'll get 2 manuals, 15 wallpapers, soundtrack, 13 avatars, 87 artworks, a map and the Throne of Bhall reference card. I never really know what to think of the bonuses. I guess they're a nice addition for a ten dollar purchase.
The real bonus is not having to worry about getting it to run on a modern day PC. That is all the bonus I need.
More information.
Soundtrack - Gog.com purchase
No soundtrack - buy elsewhere.

That's my sort of "rule" for the extras ;)

I normally don't "re-buy" games I already own on GOG, but I might just make an exception for this one. My original BGII discs are slightly damaged so I don't want to use em too much. I normally only use them for installing the game and then I just crack it ;)

And I've been thinking about playing through the entire Saga again recently (even though I have still have a boatload of other games to play first).

Ahhh, at last!
I've re-bought quite a few games on GOG, and this one will be no exception. :)

My all time favorite RPG. I still have both BG1 and 2 installed on various PCs, but I might just buy BG1/2 at GoG the next time I intend to install them somewhere.

I still haven't rebought BG1 or IWD, but I may go for the trifecta (not really interested in buying IWD2 again). Will be nice not to have to worry about CD's, CD-cracks, etc., plus have all the manuals in PDF (I have the originals, but I'm sure one day they'll disappear).

What is the likilhood that any of the IE games end up being the 50% of game any time in the near future?

I assume all the mods will work on this just fine?

I was going to re-install Baldur's Gate; but I forgot the games were on 3.5 inch disks. My computer that I use no longer has a 3.5 inch disk player. So I might look into this

I was going to re-install Baldur's Gate; but I forgot the games were on 3.5 inch disks. My computer that I use no longer has a 3.5 inch disk player. So I might look into this
Aren't you talking about Bard's Tale? :D (And shouldn't they be 5.25 disks, then?) My copy of Baldur's Gate came on 5 CDs...

Is this the newest generation of gamers ? ;)

That's a hell of a lot of quality gaming for $10. BGII with the expansion takes a lot of welcomed time to run through. Possibly my favorite RPG...with the autopause set for every combat round, of course. :p

Think I'll re-buy this one even though I have the discs just for the convenience of installation. I've probably revisited this game more than any other. You really just can't beat a longstanding, tried and robust ruleset like D&D's, though the one in Drakensang was also nice.

Hmm, is it only me or is the Throne of Bhaal soundtrack I dl-ed from GoG a copy of the Shadows of Amn one, only with different tags and smaller sized mp3s? :-/

The OSTs are not as awesome as Planescape's but still some great tracks there and lots of memories. I just noticed compared to PS:T battle music is much more prevalent, kinda tells a thing about the difference between the games too. :)

I envy you Sir. I wish I could erase my mind and start playing the game for the first time again.

I've never gotten beyond the first city.

Not sure why, but the first dungeon kinda bores me - and I don't really get the sensation of a big freeform game, and it seems more like a linear tightly woven story which is the opposite of what I got from the first Baldur's Gate.

However, I can deal with that - but I want to replay the entire series from the ground up and stick with one character for the duration.

I've got the whole thing installed on my laptop with that mod which combines both games with expansions into a cohesive whole.

Just can't seem to find the time, and I have this problem of not being able to get back into a story-driven game after just a week or so without playing.

I lead a hard life, obviously ;)

I've never gotten beyond the first city.

Not sure why, but the first dungeon kinda bores me - and I don't really get the sensation of a big freeform game, and it seems more like a linear tightly woven story which is the opposite of what I got from the first Baldur's Gate.

However, I can deal with that - but I want to replay the entire series from the ground up and stick with one character for the duration.

I've got the whole thing installed on my laptop with that mod which combines both games with expansions into a cohesive whole.

Just can't seem to find the time, and I have this problem of not being able to get back into a story-driven game after just a week or so without playing.

I lead a hard life, obviously ;)

The first dungeon is really designed as a tutorial for people that didn't play the first one, so it is kind of boring. There is a mod that let's you basically skip it. If that is what is dragging you down, I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom