Starpoint Gemini - December 15 Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I've been following this one for a while (well, as best you can with the limited information). Little Green Men's space-faring tactical RPG Starpoint Gemini will be released on December 15 via GamersGate. If you don't recall the game, head to the website and here is the feature list:
Starpoint Gemini is a role playing tactical simulation, set in a unique and diverse science fiction universe. Smart use of your upgradable skills and vessel is the key for success. As a player, you’re free to roam the rich and living Gemini star system and advance your avatar the way it suits your playing style the best. When you’re ready you can tackle the challenging campaign and discover what secrets this troubled system is hiding. Sift through the massive selection of ships and ship systems and create that perfect battleship you always wanted. To aid you in your quest, is a large selection of capable officers you can hire and gain special bonuses. Get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey into the depths of space.

• Freedom – Experience the full freedom of Gemini. Explore, fight, mine and trade in a rich and stunning free-roam universe.
  • RPG – Gain experience and Rank to unlock over 30 skills and over 15 special passive bonuses.
  • Armada – Spend Credits to buy one of over 50 powerful ships and upgrade them to fit your unique playing style.
  • Upgrade – Choose from over 300 unique ship systems and assemble your very own tool of destruction.
  • Narrative – Embark on a deep and thrilling journey into the political plots plaguing Gemini, spanning over 30 large campaign missions.
  • Change – Every action provokes a reaction. The universe changes according to your actions.
  • Crew – Enlist officers to help you survive in space, where every wrong move could be your last.
  • Mercenary – Hundreds of side missions. Search and destroy, Rescue, Salvage, Anomaly research, mining… something for everybody.
More information.

This one looks interesting to me. I remember you guys posting about it before. Does anyone know if combat is turn based or real time with pause to issue commands or what? I didn't see mention of it on their website.

Danke, if you know.

Big words for such a small game. Don't expect much from it, because these kind of games generally end with disapointment.

Capt. Huggy Face:
http://www.starpointgemini.com/VideoGameplayTrailer.html
You can watch this video to see the combat system. It seems like a real time action combat system, but I'm not so sure. It can also be a turnbased system.

Nifty, wasn't expecting this to arrive this year at all. I'll stalk it out a bit and see how the initial impressions go---here's hoping!

Thanks for the video link, Goky. Looks pretty good. Looks like Starfleet Command, which is cool by me, as long as I can pause....and issue commands while paused. :p

I came across this game a few months ago and it looks interesting.Hopefully its as good as it looks.

Does sound interesting.

Back
Top Bottom