Driftmoon - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Instant Kingdom site has been updated with the release information for Driftmoon. They also reduced the purchase price of Driftmoon with 3 euros, resulting in it being 11.99 Euro until the 5th of March, 15% of which is donated to the Red Cross.
The game can be downloaded from the Instant Kingdom site, Gamersgate, Greenman Gaming and Desura.
Besides that there is also a blog we missed on the history of the development of Driftmoon which dates back 7 years and is an interesting read.
More information.

I don't have time to get into the full version tonight, but it's setup and ready to go for tomorrow in the am! Had a lot of fun playing this last year and I'm really looking forward to playing the entire game!

-Carn

With the discount tonight working with the earlier 20% deal, I bought it also. It should give me a few nights of entertainment and my wife "might" play it too. Extra value!

Corwin's review has me reconsidering. I hate hate hate the top down view but with the new tilted view . . . well, let me read a couple more reviews and I will be convinced. As it is now, I have placed the game as a wish list item.

Purchased! Can't wait to play!

I guess I'll download the demo first, but I shall probably throw some money in the general direction of Finland soonish. With the new tilted view there is not much left to complain about from my perspective (pun intended ;) ).

Nice, I wanted to start Brutal Legend as it's preloaded and waits for the release (today!), and then this comes.
Worst release date - ever!

Anyone tried it yet? Any drugs, alcohol and sex in it? If not, well, I'll stick to BL and save this for rainy days… If those ever come. :)

There are no drugs, alcohol, or sex in Driftmoon. However the New Testament of the Bible is hidden away in the game. I'm sure this will be right up your alley, Joxer. The authors give at least lip service to some form of Christianity. Of course, there are as many versions of Christianity as there are of ink pens.

This game is kid friendly and there isn't any darkness or scariness anywhere that I've seen yet. It's almost like a King's Quest game with a little combat. Imagine a game created by a kindergarten teacher or a Sunday school teacher and you'll get pretty close. It doesn't mean it's a bad game. The game appears solid, if lacking "mature" elements.

There are no drugs, alcohol, or sex in Driftmoon. However the New Testament of the Bible is hidden away in the game. I'm sure this will be right up your alley, Joxer. The authors give at least lip service to some form of Christianity. Of course, there are as many versions of Christianity as there are of ink pens.
I'm catholic. But that doesn't mean I'm still mentally in stone ages only what's changed are home made nukes I just can't wait to test in some public school.

In any case it probably isn't up to my alley - my plan is to move on heavy drugs eventually and you're saying no drugs in this game, so… :(

This game is kid friendly and there isn't any darkness or scariness anywhere that I've seen yet. It's almost like a King's Quest game with a little combat. Imagine a game created by a kindergarten teacher or a Sunday school teacher and you'll get pretty close. It doesn't mean it's a bad game. The game appears solid, if lacking "mature" elements.
Definetly agree on this. There are great "kids friendly" games out there (to name one as an example: Wizard101). But it still doesn't describe what's the game really about.

Also, day1 patch (I think that's it) for Brutal Legend is 622.5Mb big and it's currently downloading from Steam, so if noone says Driftmoon should be a priority, I'll skip it and move on BL.

Driftmoon is okay, but I would never spend much on it. There just isn't enough content in the main game to warrant much money. It has some major strikes against it:

1. Totally linear
2. Very limited skill selection
3. Child-like story plot of rescue mommy and daddy.
4. Extremely limited weapon, armor, item inventory.

Still, I think it is a good introductory game and would be a great game to show to young players who are new to crpgs. Not exactly the cup of tea of RPGWatch grognards.

Okay demo is meh, but what about the real game?

And I actually like this:

At least we're not saving the whole world for no reason at all.

Actually, you are the special person who can assemble the magic foozle. Daddy was the guardian and mommy got caught in the crossfire. This is a save the world type deal, but I like that your motivations are mostly personal. I haven't finished the game, so my opinions can change. Anything I type is an impressions piece at best. Corwin has finished the game, so he'll give a better feel by far.

i tried to get it with paypal but i keep getting a message that the card is invalid(there are enough money in the account).did anyone else had a similar problem?

You sure you haven't got a credit card with an expired date as your primary form of payment? I had Paypal issues until I realized I had gotten a new debit card since my last Paypal purchase ;)

There is nothing wrong with that in my book, it is a clear cut noble cause that you can call 'right'. For once we don't have to slay people and beast for loot or for an unknown or complicated imaginary reason with no 'rights' or 'wrongs'.

If you've played it Spoon, then you'll notice the child-like elements everywhere. You don't have a helm or battleaxe. Instead you have a bowler hat and a Hoe of doom. Many animals will talk to you with little grrs, etc. It's just a very lighthearted game. Again, there is nothing wrong with this, but it needs to be mentioned. Personally, the game doesn't grab me very much. I generally play one area an evening because any more and the game gets too dull. This game could easily be a facebook game; at least as far as depth goes. Not many skills, not a lot of choices in any area, etc. You just follow along the story and all is laid out in a very simple manner. There are several hidden things if you choose to look for them though. This is a nice touch. Corwin is very right in telling you to move all that is movable because you can double your treasure that way.

Back
Top Bottom