The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Actually, that's a better idea, Peter. cm probably wouldn't care if she missed Threnal, nor would Az. We've got to run it very soon or we'll be over level. Particularly if Trevor can help out, I think that's our best bet.

Hmm, so Az, cm, and Alrik are all out for tonight.

Within a reasonable time frame I'm on tonight.
I meant that I'm most likely off next Friday.

Edit : I neither have Threnal nor the Desert.

You don't want to waste money on Threnal. I'll guest-pass you if you're running with us. The Desert is well worth the investment if you've got points available: lots to do, good unique loot, quests with huge XP. In fact, it's my favorite pack in the game.

Ah, okay, then.

For me, Threnal is interesting because of 3 reasons :

- Dave Arneson
- Mantle of the Worldshaper
- it is one of the few reas that were in the early DDO, as far as I know. In my handbook of DDO there are only a few adventure areas mentioned : Tangleroot, Threnal, Delara's, Sorrowdusk … I think that's it. And to me it would be kind of travelling back in time. But of course it is likely that the shape of this area has changed a bit since then.

But I don't have the points anyway.

Edit : Update on Druid spells : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=369358
List compiled by forum users.

Edit : Some news on 3-Barrel-Cove : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4416107&postcount=7

Edit : a tiny snippet on "Druids being on fire" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4406697#post4406697

On curent issues with the Guild Chat : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4414803#post4414803

A quote from there :

And yes, there will be pirates again soon. Messages will go out once it's cove time. Nothing says spring like pirates.

A snippet on the Expansion : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4410995&postcount=13

Last edited:
Warning ! The experience shrine lasts only 4 days from now on and the bank only 6 days ! The acid resistance shrine was even gone ! I installed a new one which lasts only 2 days. But I think this was something I could do for repaying the fun I had with you all ! ;)

Pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience; we enjoyed having you. It was a good run for all concerned.

LOL : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=369961
The game thinks, hirelings are guild members ? :lol:
(Don't know if it is actually true, but it just sounds too funny … ;) )

Quoting myself from the DDO forums :

Aside from all this, I tried to kind of lead a group today. It came kind of unexpected. The Red Fens slayer group I was in didn't quite know what to do (or so it appeared to me), and one asked if not doing "Fathom The Depths". I really don't know if I was the only one who already knew this quest (I still have my doubts about it), but we wen in, and I tried to explain everything I knew. I couldn't give military way irections because I had done it only once so far.

And I must say, everything worked much better than I had hoped ! We had a few deaths, but apart from that it went much better than when I had done this quest before.

The best thing, however, was a lone ranger kiting the "Treasure Guard" all of his own ! No that was impressive ! - But it took a long, long time, too. Then another player joined, and I don't quite remember what he played … But he managed to give the Treasure Guard a lot of damage, too !

In the end we had won. and the ranger finally picked up the soul stones of me (ranger, too) and the barbarian.

This is a special feeling : I feel kind of proud they managed to do it, like a group of people I had taught everything I knew.

I doubt, however, if I could do it again. But now I at least know that I can try it - at least when I'm needed. Because usually in PUG there is always someone ho already knows it better.

Last edited:
I know all about waiting for your soul stone to be collected!! :)

Last edited:
Yes and No!! :) The essay explaining that would take too long to write!! :D

I'm not that much surprised ... ;)

I think I've found a slight nod towards Tolkien from within DDO : It's a bit difficult to describe ... In one of the Necro1 quests you get the optional to ollect 4 lost tomes/books of Vol ...

... And one of them has the title of some sort of "cat wizard" or so. At least that's how it is translated.

A cat wizard ? that could be either a character from the "Feline Fantasy" sub-genre, or - Sauron. Because in the very earliest versions of Tolkien's "Legendarium", Sauron was nothing but a massive, huge, evil-minded cat. It was nothing but a kind of gatekeeper for the early version of the big bad evil type, I've forgot his name. The one who had destroyed the Two Trees.

So - with thinking around the edges this way, this *might* be an easter egg of some sort - a nod towards the (early) works of Tolkien (upon which most parts of (A)D&D are based, anyway.

Last edited:
Well, the first shift machinist is on vacation this thursday and friday. I'll be filling in for him, so I'll be available this friday for a change. Thankfully, I missed Threnal. :p
Actually, you didn't, smart guy. We saved Threnal just for you. ;)

My cleric just turned 18 so he still won't break bravery bonus for Vale quests. He did his first Shroud run as well. Getting our level 15-18 toons flagged for the Shroud this weekend could be a good idea.

In the last 3 Shroud runs I've got a total of 4 large devil scales so my level 20 paladin finally got his lit II khopesh. It's fun hitting monsters and sometimes hearing a big thunder and see about 900 hp damage in one hit. So lit II weapons are really strong. Can't use them in Shroud part 2 I guess (where we need to prep the bosses to 10%).

Back
Top Bottom