Look! A new turn based RPG called 'Chaos Chronicles'

To early to tell but if gameplay matches the graphics, I'm in. I was expecting cartoony graphics when I read the name but it looks very nice I think.

I couldn't care less about co-op, but if I play single-player, is it still party-based? (i.e. do I get to create 5 characters?)

It's to early to form an opinion about the game. As stated by wolfing I also couldn't care less about co-op myself.

Yeah, me either. It seems to be the new thing in turn based RPGs though, what with the new Divinity and now this. :)

The art direction looks acceptable. Did anyone play JA:BIA? I know I didn't... Was it any good?

I went back to (slowly) writing our JA:BiA review. Spent some 90 hours or so with the game, I think, and most of it was entertaining. It's one of the better games of its kind (Commandos style games). Just not TB and a bit more streamlined. Maybe initially too streamlined, but the patches made it more hardcore.
Looks fine, the interface is either good (combat) or okay (the rest), does what it's meant to do, no serious bugs left, maybe with the exception of an oversensitive spot in the tutorial. So for the 10-20 bucks it costs on sale it's easy to recommend.

'Chaos Chronicles' sounds quite interesting... Well very early to decide about its content and graphics through name only. But I would definitely go for it.

seems on steam it changed the name, so maybe a release is near by different dev or whatever?

first sign after 9 months of pause on the db

about 3 hours ago Changed changenumber – 708397 › 708410
about 3 hours ago Changed changenumber – 377436 › 708397
about 3 hours ago Changed name Chaos Chronicles › Century of Chaos
9 months ago zzzzzzzzzz

anyone can look for more info on century of chaos thing, domain etc? couldnt find anything

Depending on the nature of the game, 'Century of Chaos' is probably a better name than 'Chaos Chronicles'. At least to me. It sounds more like the title of a dramatic story, rather than just a random hack-n-slay ride.

Perhaps a better indicator would be to find out if the new name has been trademarked?

Back
Top Bottom