New Wasteland II wallpaper concept art... *drool*

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Have you guys seen this new one?

wl2S-800x600.jpg

I want this game NOW!!

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/press

the other one is not shabby either. wonder what the story is behind this one.

This is a Scorpitron, a classic "Monster" from Wasteland 1.

Hmm.. a overgrown Skyscraper might be a great "Dungeon".

It almost looks as if they're saying, "What do you think of our Radscorpions, Bethesda?"

That concept artist sure is talented. Awesome.

A thought: It's more lush than I thought anything in wasteland would be. It's not all desserts and barren wastes in Wasteland?

Nope, AFAIK even in the first part was i.e. a farm with giant mutated vegetables.

Edit:

Link to a Map of the old Wastelandgame:

http://wasteland.falloutwiki.com/Wasteland_world

One of the first Missions in Wasteland 1 is to get a Water-purifier for the City of Highpool; so while the world may be more lush doesen't mean it's healthy or safe :)

Last edited:
The Scorpitron is good enough for me, but just take a look at the amazing background... ruined city and skyscrapers, with a lot of vegetation... I think this game is going to have believable and diverse post-apocalyptic locations. Unlike Fallout's deserts, which I was getting tired of.

Have they said what kind of game it will be? Is it 2D, 3D, a text adventure? What? If they want to get it out in a couple of years it's not going to be 3D like Fallout 3 is it?

I'm just curious. I'm excited regardless.

As I understand it, it's not really set in stone yet, they are still evaluating wich engine they will use. Most likely isometric view, I don't know if a top-down view is still considered.

Edit:
Honestly I expect something like Temple of Elemental Evil with much more Roleplaying, Choices and Consequences.

The concept art looks awesome. I'm really glad they're going to have some places with vegetation overgrowth like that. It breaks up the monotony of everything being deserts all the time.

Honestly I expect something like Temple of Elemental Evil with much more Roleplaying, Choices and Consequences.

That would be great. I never played the original Wastland, but I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

I hope it's an isometric view though, not top-down.

Back
Top Bottom