Popup Dungeon - A Roguelike Dungeon Crawler

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Popup Dungeon is the latest roguelike dungeon crawler from a developer called Ring Runner on Kickstarter. They are asking for $80,000 to make their game.

Here is the usual pitch video to see if your interested.

Popup Dungeon is a roguelike dungeon crawler for PC, Mac, and Linux that lets players create any weapon, any ability, and any character they can imagine. It’s a papercraft version of an enchanted board game with tactical, turn-based RPG gameplay in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Popup Dungeon is as vast as your imagination. You can jump right in with pre-made characters, weapons, and abilities, or create it all from scratch.

Key Features

• Roguelike: permanent death, quick gains, procedural dungeons
  • Tactical Turn-Based RPG: fast-paced, strategic game play
  • Infinitely Extensible: Users can easily create: weapons, abilities, characters, and enemies.
  • Papercraft: We hand-fold every pixel to ensure every dungeon is fresh and lively for you!
  • Multiplayer: Hot Seat or Online Coop (Versus mode is a Stretch Goal)
  • Flexible Party Size: Dungeon Crawl alone or with a party
  • Variable Challenges: Choose the dungeon crawl that's right for your schedule, from single-seaters to infinite descents.
  • Persistent Gains: Charms awarded by The Wizard after a run are permanent and give every character under your control a bonus. They are quite magical. Collect and combine them to achieve curious effects.
  • Experienced Team: Made by Triple.B.Titles, an independent studio that has previously taken a game from Kickstarter to Steam.
More information.

Interesting; hope the KS pace picks up soon.

They are quite magical.

This amuses me.

Popup Dungeon is the latest roguelike dungeon crawler from a developer called Ring Runner on Kickstarter. They are asking for $80,000 to make their game.

Here is the usual pitch video to see if your interested.

More information.

I decided to support them. I'm not a fan of the graphic style, but the gameplay video made me curious, and their first game Ring Runner has very positive Steam Reviews. Also their Kickstarter pitch just made me want to help them, independently of the project itself. Also the customization of almost every aspect of the game seems cool.

Game looks interesting and I liked Ring runner, it was fun game that also had great deal of customization and it was on time and in decent shape on release(it had minor bugs but they got cleaned quickly).

I was the first donator to this one, I think it has some serious potential. The money doesn't seem to be exactly pouring in yet, though. Ring runner was a lot of fun so I'm betting this will be even better.

Back
Top Bottom