...and my soul hath been swallowed whole by WOW!

Thank you! I feel kinda bad about not being able to do editor thing, but its best if i take it really easy right now. :-/

I played WoW a lot back in 2007. Even though I'll never play it again, I do have to say that Blizzard did a superb job putting it together. They did so many things so right with it that it's no wonder it's the biggest MMORPG out there. My only two issues with it would be baggage/inventory and travel time. Other than that, it's almost the "perfect" game.
But I still got utterly bored with it after 4 solid, compulsive months with it.

Im not even getting Wrath of the Lich King, unless something lousy happens and I am not in any beta by December. >_<

Ok I have a question someone asked me. Anyone here know when and/or if a person in USA could link up with someone in Europe to play? I don't see it as an option atm but then I only looked at the demo for a few. Is it going to be available soon if it is not atm?

You need an account of the region you play on and I believe that credit cards and game keys from the different regions are not valid in the other regions.

Yes, we found out that for US and Europe to play on same server we both need a copy of the game from the same country. It was said that a patch will address this but no real date for release was given.

Yes, we found out that for US and Europe to play on same server we both need a copy of the game from the same country. It was said that a patch will address this but no real date for release was given.

That's soooo stupid! One of the few things that can make me mad. LotR Online is the same. I accidentally downloaded the US version for the 7 day trial (6.7 GB), then found out that it's incompatible with EU servers and the only option is to download the entire EU package (another 8 GB). Helloooo? :mad:

Isn't it the same game?

The reason to why MMOs use it is to reduce lag which is quite understandable, but it still is an irritable element.
Age of Conan will also feature region/continent based clients.

I'd call it a bug, not a feature. The least they could do is provide an easy method to change your game version that doesn't involve downloading / buying the game twice.

Well, I think they prefer that people can't access the servers from another region, because the lag would be imposed on all players. Not just the one sitting in Europe and playing on a North American server.
But I actually don't know. It is just a hypothesis. There must be some reason, because the developers and publishers are well aware of this problem.

Back
Top Bottom