GOG - 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it's that time of the year again as GOG.com starts the 2013 DRM Winter Sale.

2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale Begins Now!

600+ games discounted by at least 50%, bundle deals up to 80% off, daily personal deals!

It is here: 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale on GOG.com! The biggest, the loudest, the most varied, and the most exciting sale we've ever done begins now. How big is it? There are way over 600 games from our catalog steadily discounted by at least 50%. How loud is it? Let's just mention the fact, that we're opening with a triple nuclear blast. On top of regular discounts you'll have daily deals including games presented by YouTube personalities, hot thematic bundles chosen each day by our dear users, offered with up to 80% discounts, and--finally--daily personal deals where you pick one of the special offers available to you, and you only. How exciting is it? Well, you probably get the idea by now. So, there you have it: time to save BIG on the best games in history, available DRM-free for Windows and Mac.
That's not all either you can now also get Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free.

Free Games: Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem Torchlight. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.
More information.

Once again, GOG is stress testing its servers. And lost.

Great deal, nevertheless. And the only one that created at least some kind of sympathy for Hervé Caen.

I already had FO1 and FO2, but tried to get the deal for tactics. Kept crashing and now seems the deal is gone. Annoying, but no big deal I guess.

And the only one that created at least some kind of sympathy for Hervé Caen.

Really?

I'm actually wondering if CDProjekt is going to pay something (i.e. the contract said can't sale below 2$, so for each they will have to pay the difference) or if they have to give a certain % of the sale back (in this case, bouahahahahah).

Awesome news.

If you don't already have FO1 and FO2, pick them up while you can. They're free, so it's a perfect time. And considering GoG keeps their games up to date (through patches already included with their games), why wouldn't you?

It's exploded on Reddit. Probably gonna take a while to recover.

Really?

I'm actually wondering if CDProjekt is going to pay something (i.e. the contract said can't sale below 2$, so for each they will have to pay the difference) or if they have to give a certain % of the sale back (in this case, bouahahahahah).
Also possible. But I like the idea of a little beef between Hervé and Bethesda when he finally has to say good-bye to the last Fallout rights he had left. ;)

Also possible. But I like the idea of a little beef between Hervé and Bethesda when he finally has to say good-bye to the last Fallout rights he had left. ;)

Now that you mention it that way....

From the promo
We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

I didn't have any problems getting the Fallout games so the issues must have been fixed. I already had the games (except tactics) on CD so I'm glad they did this free deal for them.

Back
Top Bottom