Risen Risen 2

Will you purchace Risen 2

• YES

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • NO

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Definitive buy for me. Enjoyed Risen until the rubbish end boss.

Now that ArcaniA: Gothic 4 came out I will say Risen 2 will be the new true gothic sequel.

I think Risen 2 and Gothic 4 are synonymous.. It's the same protagonist with a different haircut lol

Risen is the best fantasy action RPG since Arx Fatalis. Oh, so that means I'll be getting Risen 2. :)

I think Risen 2 and Gothic 4 are synonymous.. It's the same protagonist with a different haircut lol
PB better explain why he has been losing hair for the past 2 games.

I finished Risen not so long ago.
I agree with most: it has the gothic feel, but an awfull end boss.
I could live with the dungeon crawling in the end, the other G's had it too.

I actually liked the dungeon more than in gothic, because of the puzzles and the traps.
What I did miss was the close connection with some of the npcs. You made friends in the gothic games ( or at least at G1 and G2) while I didn't really connected with anyone except Patty.

What I am saying: I hope they combine the best of both games.
Either way I will buy Risen 2

I'll buy it under some conditions:

1) Fix the bugs, before releasing it. It was as if Bethesda was behind this.
2) Making more quests and lenghthening the main story. Risen's story was quite small in comparison with The Witcher.
3) Improving and detailing not only the environment, but also the CHARACTERS. Althought that the game is of the 2009, but the character's design froze to 2000...

1) Fix the bugs, before releasing it. It was as if Bethesda was behind this.

I experienced very few bugs in Risen, and I played through it before even the first patch was released.

The only bugs I can remember were a minor sidequest that could break if you talked to certain NPCs in the wrong order, and something about the Archery/Crossbow skills not leveling up properly.

I experienced very few bugs in Risen, and I played through it before even the first patch was released.

The only bugs I can remember were a minor sidequest that could break if you talked to certain NPCs in the wrong order, and something about the Archery/Crossbow skills not leveling up properly.

I experienced some comedious bugs, such as...

1) I used the tactic "hit and run" with the fireball to a particular enemy, but when I see that I'm out of mana, I start refilling it, while that enemy chases me. When I turn around to resume the "hit and run" tactic, I see that this enemy have had his health at 100%.
2) At first I didn't realize that there were 2 Saurians in front of me due of the darkness, but those guys DIDN'T attack me. I stepped away from them in safety distance and started gawking 'em with the fireball. Usually th eenemy would notice you and start attacking you or charging on you with the first projectile, but those guys DIDN'T attack me, even if I used fireball on them. It was like as if they asked for death wish.
3) Like the "2)", Some stupid Saurians felt to the lava. lol. And one of the Saurians felt from the top to hunt me, which is something that no enemy ought to do.

That's why I want to see this game UNbugged before it gets released...

I had saw few bugs, and I think Risen is commendable in that regard.

#1: Once a enemy fades from sight, it automatically regens. I think it's a feature rather than a bug. Don't lose sight of it, if you don't want it to heal.
#2: Yes, ghouls can do this too sometimes. Their sight isn't so good. Other enemies have better sight. I think this is OK.
#3: I never saw either of those. But falling to the lava is realistic if you knock them off a ledge! Also jumping off a ledge to attack you is also cool.

Are you playing on 360 or PC? I played on PC.

I had saw few bugs, and I think Risen is commendable in that regard.

#1: Once a enemy fades from sight, it automatically regens. I think it's a feature rather than a bug. Don't lose sight of it, if you don't want it to heal.
#2: Yes, ghouls can do this too sometimes. Their sight isn't so good. Other enemies have better sight. I think this is OK.
#3: I never saw either of those. But falling to the lava is realistic if you knock them off a ledge! Also jumping off a ledge to attack you is also cool.

Are you playing on 360 or PC? I played on PC.

I completed it on PC.

To knock them off to the lava can't happen, because the system "helped" them to stay on the floor preventing them to fall to lava. I figured it out inside that Saurian fortress at Ursegor's Tomb, where there's a bridge.

Shacknews -> Risen 2 PC requires Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your contribution, but was it really necessary to direct our traffic to another site a whole 24 hours after we've posted the same thing in the news?

Thanks for your contribution, but was it really necessary to direct our traffic to another site a whole 24 hours after we've posted the same thing in the news?

I noticed that, after I posted it.
[slaps self upside head].
Nothing to see here...

Back
Top Bottom