Gothic 3 Things we would never know without Gothic 3

Lethal Weapon

Sentinel
This is by no means a serious thread. Feel free to comment and add your own stuff.

• One doesn't really have to eat. Only if one is hurt.
  • If you are mortally injured then all it takes to heal is a good night's sleep.
  • If you ever go for a walk in the countryside then you too will be convinced that grass pops into existence as a matter of course.
  • Never melee a wild animal without the latest patch.
  • You can't see your own shadow. Not unless you have a 512M next gen video card.
  • The population of any city never exceeds a few dozens of people. Capitals are no exceptions.

That's it for now. I might add some more later when I get the spare time.

Nobody ever needs a toilet, because obviously they don't need to eat!! :)

One can know the name of a person without even speaking to him. (Floating Text :))

Eating a sizeable chunk of meat takes less than 2 seconds.

One can have an infinite inventory (Doraemon Syndrome) but can't equip more than 2 rings. Yeah, yeah - rings go on ring fingers only... :p

A long arduous journey by ship can make one lose the ability to climb (I'm still annoyed with that)

You can complete quests you didn't even know you had!! :)

If you have stolen something and you are accused for thieving you just have to say "Bite me" and knock the person down (and rob him too) and everything is forgotten.

And of course all groups of enemies will always only allow fair 1 on 1 fights...they wait until the death of their friend - and then the next one is attacking. Only mages and hunters (crossbow/bow) does not seem to know this "honorable fighting codex"they always attack.

Last edited:
When you want to free a rebel city, you can kill all the orcs by luring them to you one by one instead of having to deal with them all at once...

You can go with Lee to the King in Vengard and kill him..and all his guards just watching saying "Look there's a fight" and when you killed him they only say "Well fought"....doing nothing *cough* do they hate him? :D

(btw wrong thread, but why must the kings weapon be worn?^^)

"Kill those monsters."
"Roger..."
*Walks around the corner, walks back*
"Did it!"
"Awesome, here's some gold!"

I have nothing to add at this point, but I just have to say your signature made me laugh outloud Neo! "Back", "Front", haha, great comment!

That happened in an actual chat between us!! :)

Most of the things mentioned here, were already true for the other gothics.

Now a Gothic 3 original: You can't swim under water. (perhaps they worry that we could drawn) Snakes are allways harmless, while a rat is a killing annimal. Animals forget you when you run off. (makes it much neasier to kill the black troll -> previous gothic needed a speed potion)

* There is no such thing as children, if they are, they are graphic errors
* Women are vastly outnumbered and have nothing to say
* As long as you do not start fights you do not need sleep
* Wet clothes never slow you down
* It's ok to swim in full plate armor, no worries, just dive in
* Meatbug meat are good food, but do not fit well in a stew
* Vegetables make you weak, to be strong and survive in the cold you need MEAT
* A good necromancer can summon a black tower anywhere. No workers or architects needed
* Axes or swords do not make you bleed, neither do they kill you unless you want to
* Mages just used runes for fun, they already knew everything about Ancient Knowledge all the time and are good at teaching it as well
* Looting for treasure is overrated. Ask the smith in your hometown, he got everything you need
* If you are poisoned, run around and sweat alot
* Humankind is better off without gods

Be carefull when you're walking around stuff on the ground, chests and any other objects close to a wall. You might get stuck between them for a while because you don't remember how to pull yourself out of that anoying predicament...

Sometimes, I get 25 and 50 xps just by running and jumping around...

Yes, I've noticed that as well. I was running in the desert and got 2x 25 XP points. I was looking around (checking whether there is a meatbug or something I've accidently steped on, but I havevn't found anything).

Back
Top Bottom