Massive Chalice - Update #3, Brad Plays XCOM, Avatars/Backgrounds and More!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Massive Chalice has a new update available on it's kickstarter page. Still no info or videos for gameplay yet. They promise it's coming soon we shall see.
XCOM Live Stream

Hey everyone! Brad and John will be playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown live, today at 4 PST! http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine
We’ll be talking about why XCOM is one of the key inspirations for MASSIVE CHALICE. We are also going to take plenty of questions from the chat about our current design direction. And If you can’t make the live stream you can always watch the cached video on our page! :D!
Press

There have been some great articles written about MASSIVE CHALICE that not only feature Brad’s sparkling mug but also some deeper information about the game’s design! Check out the articles here:
Polygon
IGN
GamesIndustry.biz
Kotaku
We have more updates coming including some revealing chats with some of the people on MASSIVE CHALICE! Thanks again for your support and be sure to check out all the discussions happening on the MASSIVE CHALICE forums (here)!
More information.

I'm actually extremely dissapointed with this update... XCOM:EU? Come on! I thought they meant the originals as inspiration, not the new one which, although a decent game in it's own right, totally lacks the strategic depth of the originals. Almost makes me consider cancelling my pledge.

They seem to just be copying other kickstart (such as Project Eternity plays avernum). They do not seem to be providing any real details on the actual game they will make. So far I'm feeling better and better that I passed on them. Also I found that for the first kickstart they show a lot of ego but so far no substance. Naturally if either or both of these kickstarts produce great games I'll bite my tongue but I'm having my doubts.

They seem to just be copying other kickstart (such as Project Eternity plays avernum). They do not seem to be providing any real details on the actual game they will make. So far I'm feeling better and better that I passed on them. Also I found that for the first kickstart they show a lot of ego but so far no substance. Naturally if either or both of these kickstarts produce great games I'll bite my tongue but I'm having my doubts.

Except that was a tongue-in-cheek reward since one of the leads had never even played it as opposed to a lead playing it to explain why it was their inspiration. Kind of hard for the let's plays of arcanum to describe how it was his inspiration since he never played it prior to them.

Brad Muir may be busy running Double Fine’s latest Kickstarter, Massive Chalice, but he’s still got time for his greatest vice: Dota 2. “I’m extremely addicted,” he says. “I’m playing all of the Dota 2 I can handle!”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/26/how-i-game-brad-muir

hmm, Im a hardcore D2 gamer, but dunno what to get out of this.

The project is nearing expiration. Thoughts?

Update: Meh, I backed em. Took a look at the art.. and it suits me

I backed this one because I liked the concept, but the updates and lack of stretch goals to clearly define what the extra money will provide definitely leaves something to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom