DA:I Dragon Age: Inquisition - Using New Protection

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems all the people who said they will be pirating Dragon Age Inquisition will be in for a long wait as Bioware is using the same protection as Lords of the Fallen.

I'm glad I got a small discount to buy the deluxe version last week, and I can't wait to play the game on the 17th at 11PM. I'm pre-loadig the 23 GB game as I write this.

Link- http://forum.bioware.com/topic/519257-denuvo-drm-used-by-dai/page-4
To be clear, Denuvo is not DRM in the sense the DRM stands for Digital Rights Management (or Dogs Reading Magazines, or whatever you prefer). There is nothing in the Denuvo stuff that has to do with accounts or release date checking, or ownership or anything like that. It is not SecuROM. It is not Steamworks. It is not Safedisc, or any of the other DRM solutions that have been in the past. Origin is the DRM for Dragon Age: Inquisition in the exact same manner and settings as it was in Mass Effect 3. Nothing has changed here.

Denuvo is anti-tamper on the executable. This has nothing to do with mods or attempts to change textures or anything like that. Trying to hack the executable to cheat in multiplayer? This is what we are talking about.
To put it bluntly you can not hack the EXE file to make a crack.:)

Last edited:
Interesting, but I've already seen cracks for the game on the torrents sites and it's not even properly released yet!! :) Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT supporting the practice, but I'd bet on the hackers/crackers any day over the suits!!

The cracks do not work. I wish I could post links for everyone to read as the comments are hilarious. I admit I do get plenty of enjoyment from reading them.:cool:

I agree at some point it might, but the encryption of the security is very complicated.

Link - http://www.denuvo.com/
Denuvo Anti-Tamper technology prevents the debugging, reverse engineering and changing of executable files to strengthen the security of games. It is not a DRM solution, but rather, Denuvo Anti-tamper protects DRM solutions, such as Origin Online Access or the Steam license management system, from being circumvented.
So far it has been almost a month and the games using it are not cracked.:)

Last edited:
If they can figure out how to keep the pirates off, that will be a HUGE boon for the entire industry!

It will fall eventually, but it should buy them precious time in the crucial first weeks of release.

I tell you what won't help them though - banning the game in India, and making it impossible for them to play legally! So millions of RPG-loving Indian techies now on the case...

It may be difficult to crack, but declaring anything uncrackable is analogous to chumming for sharks. I would be surprised if multiple groups aren't already working on it… IMO, a good work around could be finding an exe/gamecopy that predates(probably alpha) the implementation of denuvo and go from there.

This has nothing to do with mods

Unless of course someone were to alter/enhance the script engine. Think SKSE for skyrim. Then again, this game will not support modding, right(IE no SDK/mod tools from devs)?

Personally, I'll wait for dex and/or watch user input before I even consider touching DA:I. Though from a few cursory youtube vids and reviews the game appears, ehm, a little less than palatable(to me).

If they can figure out how to keep the pirates off, that will be a HUGE boon for the entire industry!

Err and what stats are you basing that on? I would of thought this would be impossible to know until it actually happens. PC game sales are at record levels, 2013 was the highest ever.

A simple case in point. When I was younger with significantly less income I did pirate but these days I have purchased just over 900 games, a significant number of them at full price. Who is to say that with no access to games in my earlier years I would have remained interested in gaming and then spent the 10's of thousands of dollars that I now have?

Eliminating piracy again? Seems to happen every year or so :)

In any case, I wouldn't mind having piracy stopped. That means games will suddenly be better, because pirates aren't there to reduce profit, right? ;)

I can't wait to see all the suits use that extra money for good!

Riiiiight.

Common sense? :)

The same common sense that thought Witcher 2 was a better game than Dragonfall :). Seriously though, the best way to combat piracy is by making it easier/cheaper to get games legitimately. Luckily, this is the way the market is going i.e. no DRM on Witcher 3, GoG, and cheap game sources like Steam.

Ripper has the point.

But since per rumors xbox360 version already leaked... And is not "denuvoed"...

Back
Top Bottom