What games are you playing now?

The controls, and most of the general gameplay, are from Terraria. I've just started playing it, too. It looks like it's going to be Terraria turned up to 11.

I have not played Terraria, so I can't comment there. After awhile I've gotten somewhat used to it, but it still catches me often enough. I'm surprised at how bug-free it's been. I have found some pre-built structures and some npc text, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can find.

Last edited:
Well, those are two of the great parts about it! For me, one of the main things I loved about BG2 was just how huge it was. It was hard to find a large game back then. All the different subquests and such were a real treat. IWD does have avery interesting atmosphere and I enjoyed it, but I really found the story, and particularly the ending lackluster.

This for me.... well the part about the size of the game. It was truly epic, and there was very little backtracking in that game that I recall. By the time I finished it, I was exhausted, yet satisfied.

But I really didn't like Irenicus' voice actor at all. He just sounded bored the whole time. I thought his sister was a more effective and interesting villain.

And shut up you all, BG 2 is NOT overrated.

Who ever said BG2 is overrated?
Ppl do say that about other Bioware titles. For example I say NWN is overrated. But BG2? Never.

Anyway… Because of those all new fancy (riight) new releases I've paused my Drakensang rerun, which means… Till Thief is released… I'm on it.
Now where did I stop… Bah. I'm restarting from the beginning. And again I forgot where I've written the code for the mask. Thank god for google.

If your just basing it off the OC in NWN I'd agree it's overrated, but I think most praise NWN based on its expansions and stellar community support.

Which I would say is fully deserving of high praise.

Path of Exile. Almost done with my second run through chapter 1 with a Duelist. Starting to get a little bored. Should I stop it or does it get more interesting after chapter 1? There's only so much repetitive click click clicking I can do before I get bored with Diablo clones.

Last edited:
Just started playing Brütal Legend which is so far just hilarious. Pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy this a lot.
Also started on the first of the Mass Effect series, figured it was about time I threw myself into it.

Current games:

ME3 - 57 Adept on Insanity to the Utukku queen part at the moment
*Alright game. Definitely need to play it on higher difficulty to have any sort of challenge. Good story though..I thought.

DA2 - 7 Vanguard on Nightmare just starting out
*Laughable on normal. Ok story..very very short game. Kinda boring characters.

DDO - 7sorc 2fvs on 2nd Sorcerer life (16sorc,2fvs,2pally) - already completionist
*Best dungeon crawler out right now even if a bit limited. Required to repeat dungeons to get anywhere. Can be played completely f2p if done correctly.

Game of Thrones - Currently on Chapter 6: Alester
*So far a bit boring...found myself mashing the skip button a lot.

Anarchy Online - Just hit 200 on my Nanomage Fixer..lol..not sure of my next project
*Best character development in any game and one of the best equipment systems. Also very outdated and poorly managed

STO - Fully loaded torpscort (all torpedos, fire while cloaked) current project
*Great for a space game..alright for a ground game. Very good for a free game. Can play completely free if done right.

Defiance - Heavy gunner (Machine Gun) with ammo replenish procs
*Very repetitive and just not much to it. Go in, shoot shit, and collect ark drops. Rinse; repeat.

Path of Exile - 41 IB Marauder & 31 ETK Scion
*Advanced diablo clone but much better. Interesting barter money system and a very decent skill system. I like that spells/abilities are in the socket gems not learned by characters.

Playing more stuff but those are the memorable ones and the ones not currently under NDA =/

Does Icewind Dale change(/improve) substantially after Ch1?

I don't remember what happens in what chapter, but I think the first main area (the Vale of Shadows) is a bit generic and dull. The dungeons after that get a lot more interesting, but it stays a dungeon crawl.

DDO - 7sorc 2fvs on 2nd Sorcerer life (16sorc,2fvs,2pally) - already completionist
*Best dungeon crawler out right now even if a bit limited. Required to repeat dungeons to get anywhere. Can be played completely f2p if done correctly.

You do know that there's an DDO Guild here in the Watch ?

Finished IWD1 + NPC mod... I LOVED it! :) I couldn't get past 1st chapter without mod, and I finished the whole game within a few weeks with mod lol. I will write a review later. I didn't really enjoy the main campaign so much but I did quite enjoy the expansions (HoW + Luremaster). Mod was so appropriately written, dialogues were superb (although I might be biased as the author is female - males may not enjoy it as much as females!)

Bought and installed KotOR off steam... I bought a hardcopy a few years ago which blew up my PC so I'm hoping I will get better luck this time *fingers crossed*

Trying to go through all the classics I haven't played before. I got a fairly big backlogs (although it would be tiny compared to others in this forum).

Still trying to finish BG:EE but totally lost inspiration. My hubby installed it way after me and he's almost finished already.
Also installed IWD2 + NPC mod last night. I'm not sure if I will enjoy this one as much as IWD1 though.. I hate 3rd edition rule and on IE engine, this is like somewhere between AD&D and 3rd ed. Also... I don't really like the selection of NPCs available even though there are more choices than IWD NPC mod (10 vs 5).

If I get through all 3 of them, then I plan to give MotB, Torment another try and maybe Fallout too. Just discovered you can play MotB multiplayer so I'm going to make hubby do all the hard work (battle) and enjoy the dialogues! :)

Batman: Arkham City

Is this a well engineered work of art, or am I just being dumb. Everything but anti-aliasing on max, on a 1920x1080 screen, physix enabled, Dx 11 on, tessellation on, etc, and still the performance is good enough to win fights. Sure it slows down a bit, but it doesn't glitch, and it plays very fluidly. I've found the comabt and gadgets more fun the Asylum. I'm really impressed.

The detail in the world is great, and it just feels very real. Nice job with the huge open exploration aspect (except of course for locked closed buildings). Initialy it was actually a bit overwhelming. Few games do that do me anymore.

But still not sure what to make of the all the Riddler trophies, riddles, and other challenges. There's 400 of them! It's an OCD nightmare for me.

I just finished a Doom 2 mod called Winter's Fury. In it, the Doomguy is given a name(!) and sent to Siberia to deal with an issue there. Obviously, the issue is all the congressmen, car salesmen, and insurance providers are acting up again. And, being Siberia, it's figgin' cold.

All that aside, the creators of this mod did a pretty good job pushing the envelope of what the Doom engine is capable of. The atmosphere is great, it feels cold in the maps. There were moments that surprised even me, and I'm a 20 year veteran of Doom playing, and have seen it all.

Most of the maps were well made, not too short and not too long, with large areas made outside of bounds so that it wasn't feeling like an artificial enclosed world for each map, like most Doom maps. Looking off into the horizon at places, you could see islands in water, areas of the mod you'd been to or were going to, and tracts of land never used for anything but creating a sense of being part of the world.

Only one map drug on too long, which was a sprawling, confusing affair that twisted back on itself, and had no clear sense of direction. Then you ended up repeating that same map in the very next part, at least partially. I think I spent more time there than the rest of the mod.

Only one (very bad) bug was toward the end, a boss which could not be hit from the ground. I had to use a cheat to climb on top of some pillars to fight him.

Ammo got tight toward the end, though the boss fights generally had liberal amounts scattered around. Most of the enemies were of the congress-sort, no undead.

You will need the GZDoom source port for this one, as it has some tricks not usable in the vanilla Doom engine, like true 3D floors (floor on top of floor) and swimmable water in one spot. I don't know if it'll work in ZDoom, Doomsday, or any other port.

All in all, not a bad mod if you like the classic Doom-style gameplay. On top of that, the weapons have been tweaked, with new graphics and some sounds, and minor tweaking to their capabilities. Only the BFG and chainsaw are not represented.

As an aside, it's amazing to me that a game 20 years old is not only still developed and worked on, but has so much new stuff coming in that there is even an annual awards event over at Doomworld.com. This is how you do it, EA, Ubisoft, and Activision. The game has always been easily available for sale, no DRM viruses, modding was supported from the start (and is easier than ever with all the source ports and community-built tools), and the source code was released once the engine got outdated, so the game has been kept up to date with new OS releases by the community. For free.

Noone knows that because the thread is called "totally new Corwin". :D
Actually, there's a thread in the MMO forum that's not so cryptically named.

Perhaps, but we all love to crack puzzles, which in the end comes to ignoring obvious things near the honey pot, right?

But to keep things ontopic... I'm now playing nonsteam games since Steam is down:
http://steamstat.us/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom