Witchmarsh - A New ARPG Set in The 1920's

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Witchmarsh is a new ARPG being developed by a studio called Inglenook. They are asking for £50,000 on Kickstater to fund their game. Here is the usual pitch video.

An action RPG set in 1920s Massachusetts. Create and manage a team of investigators in a story-driven supernatural mystery.

It's the Roaring Twenties! Join an unlikely team of detectives as they charge headlong into the darkest corners of rural America. Their mission: find and return the missing 'Witchmarsh Twelve' who vanished under mysterious circumstances.

A handsome reward is in store should they succeed, but with the supernatural lurking around every corner, will any of them live long enough to collect it?
More information.

God, I hope that's the real in-game music!

this looks so good my eyes tear up. easiest back of my life

Interesting setting. Also liked the music. Too bad they made it a side scroller. Tactical turn based, and I would've been all over it. I wish them luck, though. Always nice to see someone trying something different.

Dunno about the game, but I want to buy that OST!

The composer is Francisco Cerda, who has more game music in his portfolio. No doubt the OST will be on sale. Great music there.
I don't back Kickstarters on principle, because I can't stand all the pre-release hype that never comes true, but I'm sorely tempted by this one. The gameplay looks like a lot of fun!

I'm not normally a side scroll kind of guy, but, that looks like a blast. And i with you guys. I love the music.

Ugh, no thanks. I already lived through the 80's, I have no desire to live through them again. (The music is well done, though.)

I'm struggling to find a reason to play a C64 sidescroller ARPG.

Can anyone help me?

Let's pretend it's 2014 and not 1985, though.

I'm struggling to find a reason to play a C64 sidescroller ARPG.

Can anyone help me?

Let's pretend it's 2014 and not 1985, though.

Maybe because it might be fun to play and the story might be compelling?

Maybe because it might be fun to play and the story might be compelling?

That doesn't sound very realistic. Afterall, I'm not playing a lot of C64 games these days.

Stories are a dime a dozen, though. I'd rather read a book than suffer through that kind of throwback.

To each his own, though ;)

That doesn't sound very realistic. Afterall, I'm not playing a lot of C64 games these days.

Stories are a dime a dozen, though. I'd rather read a book than suffer through that kind of throwback.

To each his own, though ;)

Oh come on, DArtagnan!

The game's premise seems pretty quirky and the experience might even prove to be cerebral enough to engage one as picky as you :D

The artstyle did remind me somewhat of Flashback
c0e4fa4f40c1558e7cc5259b725f3ba420090203204707.jpg

I must say I'm intrigued and since the game is priced at £10, it's an easy backing from me :)

Let's just say I have my doubts, but I have no wish to rain on nostalgia parades ;)

Let me know how it turns out, though ;)

I remember loving Another World, not so much Flashback. I stopped playing platformers after my Spectrum/C64 days.

That said, I have extremely fond memories of Manic Miner, Kokatoni Wilf, Underworld and games like that ;)

Commander Keen, crystal caves, and so on, and that super hard game which almost none could beat, with former disney artists for PC.... if I could only remmember the name.

Alright, DArtagnan - I won't be pushy :)

Speaking of platformers, anybody remember this gem - Gods?
1309615101-gods2_walkingdead100.jpg

Man, this childhood game blew my tiny mind :D

Yes, I actually enjoyed Gods for a little while - because I was a huge fan of Bitmap Brothers and their visual style. Of course it didn't last - as it was still just a platformer with minimal RPG elements.

I also enjoyed Chaos Engine a lot, but that's because it had cooperative gameplay :)

Back
Top Bottom