Dishonored - Preview @ Sneaky Bastards

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Stealth fan site Sneaky Bastards has a preview of Arkane's Dishonored:
The first thing I said to Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, Co-creative Directors at Arkane, after seeing a double run-through of a level in Dishonored, was, “The stealth looks really good.”
Coming from the Editor of Sneaky Bastards, I hoped the compliment would carry some weight.
“My god,” Smith replies, “you have no idea how important that is to us.”
I was absolutely sincere. With its unbreaking first-person perspective, light and shadow system, intriguing AI innovations, suite of supernatural powers and overpowering ambience, what I saw of Dishonored evoked the very title that was the genesis of the stealth genre and Sneaky Bastards itself: Thief.
But this was Thief on speed.
“That was the original intention,” says Colantonio.
More information.

Reads like they are trying to do stealth right. Nothing terribly new there, though. But just doing stealth right is hard enough, I suppose.

Dishonored will probably be the only new AAA games that I will buy on the second half of the year.

A new Thief game would be nice. I sure enjoyed the first two.

Steam, by the way, currently has all three Thief games on sale for a total of $13.50 USD.

Sounds really good. This game is constantly climbing on my exite-o-meter.

Actually there is a new Thief game in development but if Dishonored has a stealth system as good as Thief I may like it better.

I think Dark was advertised as having a "stealth" thing too.

Not sure if everyone already knows this, but a couple of long-time members of the Thief community are actually working on Dishonored.

Whilst the concentration on the Thief aspects is very welcome indeed, I'm actually more interested in the interactive mechanics themselves within the gameworld and the strategical choices that the player has at his disposal to solve a particular problem or meet an objective. So more so the Arx-ish direction of things…:)
Still, this is sounding more interesting all the time and I'll definitely be following the reviews here on the Watch for more insights.

The Bethesda newsletter claims that the game will be released "10/9".

The Bethesda newsletter claims that the game will be released "10/9".

Is that American date format? This is the only game I'm counting the days to this year, so the extra month would cause me to untold pain.

Extra month? The release date was officially announced to be October 9th since May 10th.

Yes, it would be "October, 9th", then, I assume.

That's disgusting - what are the devs doing all this time? Arkane should just hire that bully from Team Bondi to whip some butts and get it gold faster. Weekends and sleep are for the weak!

Back
Top Bottom