Pricewatch!

Really? Civ IV complete is $40 at impulse, on sale, no less. Where did you see it for $10?

Wow ... Steam and D2D had $10 sales on it earlier this year ... I assumed that would be the new 'going price' since Civ V.

It's possible the additions would please you more than they did me. They added religion and culture as avenues to victory. That was a waste for me. Strangely enough, I either militarily crush the competition or occasionally go for technological dominance. If you'd like to convert the entire world to Judaism or rule the world with Michael Jackson videos (for example) as a victory, then Civ4 is just the ticket. After all, it's been argued that the real-world US dominance of global affairs is more due to exporting our culture than anything else. So, again, realistic, but fun?

Actually, yeah. I found the addition of religion quite good. It was a nice way of making money, getting computer players to like or dislike you and added a new dimension. It was quite fun. I've never been good at any of the civs, but I like playing them nonetheless. I haven't played the first one or the last one though.

A few years ago I bought a Civ II "Classic Edition" on a huge and well-known flea market.

GOG's holiday sale has started, with reductions from 30%-50%. Apparently they were counting down to this.
I'm probably picking up both BG-games later. :)

I haven't ben able access gog.com for about a week now. All I get is the spinning icon. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

gog.com works fine for me.

And epic sell!

For a Civ newbie like myself, is this a good place to start?
I'm going to say no.

I'm a Civ newbie with #4, and I think it's poorly explained, complex and really infuriating. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and whenever I tried to beat someone they always won. I tried the demo of V and found it much more intuitive and friendly, so I'd say start with that or - if you have a DS/iDevice/PS3/360 - start with Civ. Revolution.

direct2drive is having all games discounted til monday. the larger the price the larger the discount. for those intrested 25% off is for all games $50 and up which means you can preorder TwoWorlds2 for 37.50. I did preorder Back to the Future though last week when they had 20% off all games. can't wait 'til next week when the first part is supposed to be released.

As is GamersGate's sale, which is likely better if you want the lesser known titles or European games.

GamersGate is actually cheaper with some games, too.

just grabbed Grotesque: tactics for under ten bucks, same w/ entire Elven Legacy series on Steam for under ten bucks.

the original Elven Legacy destroyed me by like mission 6, but I'm willing to give it another try. I hear some of the later installments are a little more forgiving!

I grabbed the Elven Legacy package from Gamer's Gate to get all the expansions for a song. Sweet deal! Is there a decent manual for this game. The original printed manual in English is about as obtuse as I've read.

Back
Top Bottom