Overlord - Previews @ GameSpy & IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Triumph Studios' (Age of Wonders) Overlord has maintained a low profile since we moved to the Watch, so this turns out to be our first coverage. GameSpy and IGN have released new previews of this action/RPG with a twist of Dungeon Keeper. Here's GameSpy:
For this action-RPG, it seems as if the folks at Triumph decided to combine Fable with Pikmin, add a dash of Dungeon Keeper, and finally top it off with Sauron's wardrobe. The game's story has you inheriting the legacy of the evil Overlord. Long ago, seven heroes took the Overlord down and divided the land amongst themselves, becoming the very same fatcat rulers that they once fought. You mysteriously wake up in the wreckage of the Overlord's tower, and his minions consider you his reincarnation -- convenient. It's time to get to work rebuilding your tower and retaking the lands.
...and IGN:
There are four different types of Minion at your disposal. Browns are the basic ones you encounter at the beginning, acting as your average run-of-the-mill plebs - quite happy to carry things around and tackle easier foes. As you progress and build up your Dark Tower though, more Minions become available. Blues are waterproof and can swim across otherwise inaccessible ponds and streams, as well as healing your troops. Reds are fireproof - ideal against fire-wielding enemies - and Greens are the most dangerous of the bunch. Acting like assassins, these are a mighty force if they can sneak up behind enemies to dish out some pain, but are weak if they're attacked from the front.
Finally, Worthplaying has some new screens and a trailer.
More information.

This is gonna be a hilarious game, much in the vein of the Dungeon Keeper series, I hope. Can't wait to play it, as it sounds and looks terribly promising.

EDIT: Checking out the WP trailer is highly recommended, for it is utterly hilarious.

"Where we goin' again?" --> PMSL at that one...

I enjoyed both the DK games, so I'm getting my hopes up for this one. :)

:O It really looks promising (I just saw a trailer)
I am the old Dungeon Keeper fan, It's definetly one of my most anticipated games of 2007. :)

Remembers me a little bit of Disneys Gummi Bears. With the Overlord being Igthorn and the minions look like Igthorns small ogre Toadie. :D

I was already interested, but the whole Pikmin thing really caught my eye ... my kids love those games for the 'Cube, and they are really infectious ... this one just moved further up my list.

Back
Top Bottom