Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Maybe...I'll see

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Not really interested

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • No. And it shouldn't be on RPGWatch

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
Minor point, but I wonder if we should have asked about BUYING, rather than PLAYING!! :)

ZOMG, whats a console! :)

It's something you do to a person who is grieving I believe!! :)

Consoles aren't that bad for "fun" games, but that's why I stick to my Nintedo products. Sony? Microsoft? Wouldn't have ever considered to buy their consoles. I already own a PC. I voted for PC version then ; - ) (asap)

There hasn't been much in the way of good games recently as far as I'm concerned so i have it pre-ordered for my pc.

I like the style and the idea of the game at least - i like the shining.

It's not my kind of game, but I see no reason why you guys shouldn't cover it. I'd hate to see the site swing totally over to consoles but they are a fact of life, and as long as a game is also developed for pc, or falls very clearly into the rpg category(like D&D Tactics) I'm sure there will be people looking here to find out about it.

Probably not in the near future, since most single player shooters made after '99 disappointed me. And I still have 5 1/2 JRPGs to play :).

Voted "Maybe". While the game does look interesting, I do not have a system that can run it and I'm not about to spend the money to upgrade my computer for one game. Granted an upgrade would allow for more than one game to be played, but there's really nothing out there at the moment that makes me want to spend that kind of money.
Eventually I'll have a better system, and by that point games like BioShock and NWN2 will be super-cheap. I also haven't bought a game at release price in years, as every time I did, I wound up extremely disappointed. So now I see no point in spending more than I need to on a game, since it will be cheaper in 6 months, a year, whatever. And the game won't be any different. Seems really silly to me to buy games at release to be honest.

....I also haven't bought a game at release price in years, as every time I did, I wound up extremely disappointed. So now I see no point in spending more than I need to on a game, since it will be cheaper in 6 months, a year, whatever. And the game won't be any different. Seems really silly to me to buy games at release to be honest.

I agree. Did you see the post by Stanza in the HG:L thread where he linked to an eBay page showing someone had paid over $157.00 for a pre-release copy? That's enthusiasm!

I myself have learned patience after years of pre-ordering collector's editions and then realizing I had nothing special in hand but a big bill. I like to wait now for a patch or two, some post-release reviews(which are usually a bit more realistic) and some forum feedback before I buy.

I agree. Did you see the post by Stanza in the HG:L thread where he linked to an eBay page showing someone had paid over $157.00 for a pre-release copy? That's enthusiasm!

That's just sad, really. The only reason a person would spend that much would be to obtain some bizarre sense of bragging rights that he had the game first.

I myself have learned patience after years of pre-ordering collector's editions and then realizing I had nothing special in hand but a big bill. I like to wait now for a patch or two, some post-release reviews(which are usually a bit more realistic) and some forum feedback before I buy.

Yep, exactly (though forum feedback can be tricky, you're likely to read spoilers). Mind you, this really only applies to the big major releases, not indies. Indies that I'm interested in I will buy on release (or as soon after as is financially feasible).
But big games, no way, it's wasted money. The price will drop, some games you just know will get expansion packs that will inevitably come in a bundle soon enough, reviews change as you pointed out, and so on.

for those who aren't getting the collector's edition, circuit city is $10 off the normal price for both pc and 360.

Maybe.
a bit expensive right now for a shooter. I'll see what the 'Watch crew has to say about it before I decide.

The last time I was actually able to be reasonably competent at a console type game, it had one handle and one red button in the corner; I think my favorite was a game called Adventure, on the Atari 2600. I've been pathetic at console games since Intellivision. I bought a Nintendo 64 from ebay a year or so ago so I could play the two Zelda games that came out for it, and I gave up after about 2 hours. Too many buttons.

Last edited:
Thanks, curiously undead it will be intresting to see what Best Buy, EB Games, Comp USA and Frys do here in the US with pricing. since I usually don't preorder.

Voted PC eventually. I am never gonna preorder again, so I will wait for the demo, but I am pretty sure I will get it then.

for those who aren't getting the collector's edition, circuit city is $10 off the normal price for both pc and 360.

That is a fantastic deal that I wrestled with this weekend.

The thing that made me decide was the way the CD-key works:
If you buy Bioshock on Steam it is tied to your Steam account.
If you buy Bioshock on Direct2Drive it is tied to your Direct2Drive account.
If you buy Bioshock at retail it is registered directly.

For many this is a great thing. They don't want to be tied into Steam. Me? I love Steam and decided to pay $10 (well, minus a couple $ for gas and my time saved not going to Circuit City) in order to have no CD required and complete portability of installs.

I'm buying it immediately, and the LE if I can get it (looking unlikely), but I won't be playing it until I build a new system in a few months. I want to buy it now and the LE mostly because I want to do my tiny part with my dollar vote for strong PC sales of a game with (I hope) some brains. Despite my planned delay for playing, I voted ASAP because I'm buying it ASAP.

Usually I'm a patient person willing to wait for good deals and even more frequently the bargain bin, but if I'm going to complain about fewer games for the PC, and more of them being lackluster, I need to do my part to combat the trend. Early sales are, unfortunately, the key figures publishers seem to care about.

Early sales are, unfortunately, the key figures publishers seem to care about.

Why "unfortunately"? It's only logical :) . Based on empirical and statistical data, publishers can usually make pretty precise projections about a game's sales performance. That's why they naturally care very much about the number of pre-orders and the number of games sold in the first week. They need those numbers ASAP to be able to plan ahead. Marketing, support, patching, future expansions etc. all depend on those early forecasts and projections.
The early sales are for a publisher what the first projections are for election analysts. With very few exceptions, you will basically know within the first day of release whether you have a winner or a stinker (in terms of sales) on your hands.

unfortunately because-it's much nicer to stumble upon the lesser known games by chance or through a friends reccomendation than from the in your face, get this now, baby eating hype machine. are you aware of the term "sleeper" (possibly only an american word) and no not that one;) though even "sleepers" have now become a bit of a hype variant themselves.

Back
Top Bottom