Dark Souls II - Gameplay Footage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new trailer for Dark Souls 2 was released duriing the E3 Microsoft press conference showing off some brand-new gameplay.

More information.

I dislike.

Meh.
I don't get it. Combat looks fluid, and it's probably hard so you will die a lot as the other games in the series.

But I still don't get the massive love for them as RPG games.

Console animations? check
Forced to play a male toon and wear a tin can? check

bleh.

Ugh.. whoever chose that song to be played with the footage should be tortured.

That said, I think it looks good, and this is probably a definite purchase for me. For those who don't "get it", well... your loss.

Combat looks more brutal and weapons impact is more visible and detailed. The environments seem more expansive and well lit. Looking forward to it.

However with all this xbox and PS exclusivity, I doubt that I will see it on PC at the same time as consoles.

Give me King's Field V, then I'll get excited. The souls games are ok, but I much prefer the King's Field Series.

Console animations? check
Forced to play a male toon and wear a tin can? check
They're new motion captured animations.
You can be female. In Demon Souls it was an advantage to be female.

SpoonFULL said:
However with all this xbox and PS exclusivity, I doubt that I will see it on PC at the same time as consoles.
Same time. They've said PC development is happening alongside the consoles this time and it will not be a quick PC port.

They're new motion captured animations.
You can be female. In Demon Souls it was an advantage to be female.
Thanks for the info, I must have been low quality on my trailer for some reason. I'm guessing you meant to say Dark Souls instead of Demon Souls. Checking both names on Metacritic Demon Souls is PS3 game.

Personally I only play PC games and intentionally never play or support console game titles. I didn't realize Dark Souls was an RPG, some reason I thought/heard it was a hack and slash.

Give me King's Field V, then I'll get excited. The souls games are ok, but I much prefer the King's Field Series.

I loved the King's Field games back in the day, but I'd be very surprised if From Software ever revisits that series at this point.

I didn't realize Dark Souls was an RPG, some reason I thought/heard it was a hack and slash.

Well it's definitely an action-RPG with heavy emphasis on the action. Not usually my cup of tea, but Dark Souls has an addictive quality to go along with superb atmosphere imo.

Well it's definitely an action-RPG with heavy emphasis on the action. Not usually my cup of tea, but Dark Souls has an addictive quality to go along with superb atmosphere imo.
Good enough for me, thanks! Looks like it's been on sale in the last month at amazon for $7.49 US. So hopefully sometime this summer season sales will have it again.

Back
Top Bottom