The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Thank you for these explanations.

I must admit that I never cared much for ranks, only for levels.

Sooooo ... I just checked my MyDDO page :

Daracaram (Wizard) -> Rank 47

Aracaram (Artificer) -> Rank 40

Harakadaram (Cleric) -> Rank 49

Alrikadaram (Ranger) -> Rank 77

For a first-lifer just playing the game, ranks aren't really that important to track. From what I can tell, you don't have an iron-clad character plan for your toons (which is perfectly fine) so even gaining an action point with each rank won't make it that big of an event for you.

For 3rd lifers like jm and Peter, a rank can take nearly as many XP as a first-lifer level, so they become more meaningful. Plus, with the "plottin' and plannin'" that we're doing, having first- and third-lifers in the same group, and holding levels like we are, listing levels just isn't precise enough to get the job done.

I don't care about ranks ..... yet. But at level 15-16 and all the way to 20 it will take forever to get a level. So you cheer if you manage to get just one rank from a long Friday night session. At lower levels you can probably get an entire level from a 5-6 hour playing session.

Ah, okay. Yes, I didn't see ranks being that important yet. And of course things shift a bit after TRing.

And no, I don't have any real plans yet - apart from getting the Prestige Enhancements as early as possible. ;)

Hello all. Been reading thru the site and the postings here learning a bit about your play styles. Looks like we have some regular folks here that have stuff going on all the time. Good to see.

I'm new to Khyber server and have 4 characters to bring to the fray:

TinWhistler (LvL 5 Bard)
Crittykill (LvL 4 Ranger)
Lorekin (Level 5 Ftr1/rog2/Rng2)
Retorq (LvL 4 Wizard)

look forward to hunting with you all soon if you'll have me.

I'll send you a Guild invite the next time I log in there, or since I'm away all this week, perhaps one of the others could do it. Any registered member of the Watch is eligible for our Khyber guild. Visit our airship for buffs and guild chest. While we are often online throughout the week, we run special organised sessions Friday evening and most of the weekend. Welcome to the Watch and our Guild.

I'll do this AM if no one beat me to it. Welcome and yes we have a lot of regulars. We use Skype for game chat on Fridays. Our current group is level 11 and most are holding 12 so we can finish off some packs at full xp. A few of us have lower level TR's waiting for our next formation, and many of us have alts. The rule is if you see someone online and you need anything just ask. ;)

And @ Corwin, you can hit a few promotes next time you log in as well. hehe

@ Az……….did you throw your router again?

PS: Invites are in the mail.

Last edited:
Welcome. The guild chest on the airship is free for anyone in the guild to use. So please check it regularly and take the items you can use.

If you post specific items you're looking for then we can add them to the guild chest instead of selling them.

An ordinary, old-fashioned modem ? I could send you one.
It wouldn't be an DSL modem or so, though- of course. And ot the newest technology either.

Correction, Dte. Level 12 Pale Master, now 13. I ran an initial explorer run and the first quest with my Ranger, who, being level 8, was wholly incapable of running Ataraxia elites, which are level 12. I switched back for the run with your alts, bringing my Ranger to 10.

I'm on Comcast cable, which is slightly less reliable than AOL dialup. Got another modem, this time a different type. Back up, though, it is Comcast.

We'll see how long it lasts.

When in the game, hit 'O' to bring up the social panel, click on Guild tab and you'll see a complete list of all guild toons. If you click on 'Last online' it will show you everyone who is currently playing and where they are. You can then either send them a Guild message or a Tell.

thank you

I got the characters joined. Thank you all who sent the invites!

Working on getting them some levels today. See you all soon. Doesn't look like anyone my level has logged in for a little while so I will have to catch your alt's around if your still shelving the lower ones.

If you go to the MMO-specific forum, we mostly have lists of our characters. I try to keep mine up-to-date, but at the least you can see who has what. I know that JM is on right now, and has a level 6. I have a 7, and just logged off. CM has 1 at every level I think. We may not be on those characters, but that doesn't mean we're not on. I have 12 characters total myself.

We are starting to concentrate a bit, as our alts are getting higher and higher. Mine especially, since I'm focusing entirely on alts rather than TRing a main. However, I'll be TRing soon enough, as I'm prepping a character now.

Sooner or later, I'll be doing something with Shadohe, so I'll have a toon back at level 1. We do have several guildies that joined for a while but didn't stick with the game and unfortunately the majority of them are right around your level.

The thread Az referenced can be found here.

I believe that one day I'll buy myself new character slots and then start a Favoured Soul, I had bought that class some time this year. I'm really curious as how it will be like again, playing the game from level 1 on through.

Yesterday was a weird day. First, the guild chest just disappeared before my eyes, but Rhogu (dte) later told me it was still there (meanwhile I was in a quest).

A PUG I went with more or less wiped on XX (Xorian Chipher) and on The Pit, both on hard or elite difficulty. On level (something around 10 +/+ 2 , if I recall correctly). I blieve both quests were just too hard for us.
But what's worse was that I did several very stupid mistakes, especially in The Pit. Oh, my !
The Warforged Ones proved to be very stoic, especially regarding their resistences, and pulled everything though, but in the end we failed. The group dissolved, then.
That was bad.

Later on I decied to get myself through quests I still didn't have on the highest difficulty - and to get "Stealthy Repossession" finally done, at least once. Then I turned to the Deneith Sewers, turning underground. These are my favourite quests, extremely solo-friendly.

But yesterday was a really weird day for me.

Back
Top Bottom