Eador: Master of the Broken World - Avaible on Steam and GOG

lots of warnings about it being buggy on release. it has made me very interested in its prequel though and will check it out.

Too bad about the bugs, I was interested in trying this game.

I'll wait for the first patch and some feedback first.

Me 2.
I was really excited about it, but hell, why should I rush it? I'm still replaying FNV anyways so hopefully a patch will be out soon.

I bought the game, but after reading some of the bugs I've decided that I'm going to wait for a patch or two before I actually start playing it. Too bad, because I was looking forward to playing it over the weekend.

I bought the game, but after reading some of the bugs I've decided that I'm going to wait for a patch or two before I actually start playing it. Too bad, because I was looking forward to playing it over the weekend.

I would give it a try first. I'm not quite out of the tutorial, and I haven't experienced a single bug. The only odd thing is I like 1280x720 resolution for larger text, but this game only offers 1280x800, so I little piece of the top of the screen is cut off at that resolution. Not that big of a deal but odd....

I briefly looked at the 1920x1080, and that seemed fine, though I didn't actually play with it.

Despite the many complaints I also saw on the Steam forums, I have not experineced a single bug in playing it for 2-4 hours. Looks like a pretty nice game to me....and a rare one with some real depth to it.

Perhaps those bugs ppl mention on GOG forum are hardware specific?

Okay, I'm gonna give the game a shot, but will not force my way onward if it crashes or something but will wait for the patch.

Perhaps those bugs ppl mention on GOG forum are hardware specific?

Okay, I'm gonna give the game a shot, but will not force my way onward if it crashes or something but will wait for the patch.

so far no bugs for me since I reset my ati catalyst driver to the default setting.
the game is copy of the original but with better graphics and different UI.

You mean it's rebot/remake? I won't complain on that as I didn't play the first one yet (although got it for free as a preorder bonus).

so far no bugs for me since I reset my ati catalyst driver to the default setting.
the game is copy of the original but with better graphics and different UI.

I am glad they remade it.I saw original game at my firends PC and decade old Age of wonders: Shadow Magic looks FAR better(I replayed it around month ago).Graphic is probably least important thing in strategy but game looked really bad.

It's supposed to be more then just a graphics/UI change, however the differences between MoBW and Genesis sound like they are more along the lines of what you might expect after a few major patches then from a full sequel (graphics aside).

However I'm still waiting to play so I can't comment on exact differences yet. Most of the bugs I'm hearing about aren't crash bugs, but major gameplay bugs. Things like income generation not happening, things not doign what they are supposed to, features being broken, units bugging out and becoming immortal, etc. These types of bugs annoy me far more then crash bugs.

Most of the bugs I'm hearing about aren't crash bugs, but major gameplay bugs ... units bugging out and becoming immortal, etc.

I didn't experience that last night, though I could've used it a couple times. :p

Sounds like that particular bug only applies to lizardmen who have been reduced to exactly 1 hp. But I'm just going by the reports of other posters here.

I didn't experience that last night, though I could've used it a couple times. :p

so should I not continue playing the first Eador? I'm not too far into the campaign yet (think I just started playing the 3rd shard)

Back
Top Bottom