StarCraft 2 now a trilogy.

Bad news if you ask me, now they're breaking the 3 campaigns into 3 different retail products. Nothing but an obvious attempt to suck more money out of us.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=26023

Since each product will come with aprox 3 times the content, it's hardly an attempt to suck more money from us. At least no more than any other developer attempts to suck money from us.

Personally, I'm all for having more Starcraft content, considering I'm a huge fan of the series. But that's just me.

Since each product will come with aprox 3 times the content, it's hardly an attempt to suck more money from us. At least no more than any other developer attempts to suck money from us..

Where do you get the idea that each product will come with 3 times the content? You're being extremely naive if you believe that. I would rather not have to wait until the next installment is released to even be able to play a different race.

Where do you get the idea that each product will come with 3 times the content? You're being extremely naive if you believe that. I would rather not have to wait until the next installment is released to even be able to play a different race.

There's an official statement somewhere saying it'll have 30 missions per campaign(meaning 90 missions in total), and aprox 30 hours per campaign(90 hours total).

And here's why I love Blizzard.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41395.html
Bloody awesome. :D

EDIT:
Here and here:
http://www.starcraftwire.net/n/1221/singleplayer-facts-announced
http://www.starcraftwire.net/n/1231/150-to-play-full-starcraft-ii

And I am no more naive in believing them, than anyone else that believes any other developer.

Last edited:
We'll see, but I guarantee that each installment is not going to have 3 times the content of an average RTS game. It's a ridiculous claim, especially considering that you'll be playing only 1 race in the single player.

We'll see, but I guarantee that each installment is not going to have 3 times the content of an average RTS game. It's a ridiculous claim, especially considering that you'll be playing only 1 race in the single player.

I guess we shall.

Though I can name an RTS title that the first instalment in the SC2 trilogy will probably have 3 times its content. The first Dawn of War game, with the thinnest singleplayer campaign I've ever seen(10 missions with just the space marines. :().

Where did you even get that idea by the way? I've read all the articles and I didn't see that claim. The official statement says "Each campaign will have 26-32 hours of gameplay if you play it all." That's about the same length as the campaigns in Supreme Commander, and they didn't try to rip people off by splitting it into 3 different products.

I'll still buy SC2 because I liked the original game so much, but I'll probably wait until all 3 installments are available as a collection.

Where did you even get that idea by the way? I've read all the articles and I didn't see that claim. The official statement says "Each campaign will have 26-32 hours of gameplay if you play it all." That's about the same length as the campaigns in Supreme Commander, and they didn't try to rip people off by splitting it into 3 different products.

The 30 mission claim? Or which one? Here: http://www.starcraftwire.net/n/1231/150-to-play-full-starcraft-ii

In an interview with Chris Sigaty, apparently he said there will be 30 missions.

I heard it could be a year wait or so between those releases so if you wait for all of them to be released as one it could be a long time before you're playing.

No, the claim that each one will have 3 times the content.

All 3 of them combined might have 3 times the content of some games.

Ups, my mistake. I mean each campaign will have 3 times the content that each campaign had in SC1. So yeah, combined they have 3 times the content that SC1 had.

I'm waiting just to see how it turns out.

If there'll be a demo, I'd probably trying it out.

Not sure it is a good or bad thing. For that would requires us to know the quality of the all three games. If the gameplay seem to stretched unnecessary, diluted production values, repetitive and more or less similar missions, etc, then it would be bad move and bad game.

That's about the same length as the campaigns in Supreme Commander, and they didn't try to rip people off by splitting it into 3 different products.

Yes, but the three SuppComm campaigns were effectively the same (yes, different races, but it's not a major difference in the end), plus the game is simply slower paced, which is why it lasts so long (not trying to diss SC here, it's a great game, but it might be better to compare SC2 to RA3 or Tiberium Wars).

Great news if you ask me. Blizzard already headed that way with expansions to their RTS games being basically complete games content and price wise, so it makes sense to release them as stand alones rather than expansions. Plus there is an increasing need to prove AAA PC games can make business sense, and I'd rather take opt in purchasing of additional games (like guild wars) than a subscription model.

Yes, but the three SuppComm campaigns were effectively the same (yes, different races, but it's not a major difference in the end), plus the game is simply slower paced, which is why it lasts so long (not trying to diss SC here, it's a great game, but it might be better to compare SC2 to RA3 or Tiberium Wars).

I agree about Supreme Commander being slow paced, it was very much so. The sheer size of some of the maps contributed greatly to that.

I pray that SC2 is nothing like Tiberium Wars though, that game bored the hell out of me, the unit limit was way too small.

Back
Top Bottom