Morrowind Starting a new (modded) Morrowind play-through

Thanks, Gloo!

As I've said, I don't want to upload shoddy work to Youtube. If there's ever an issue with the quality of my work let me know and I'll do my best to address it.

Anywho, here's a new episode where I quest for a special ring and explore a bit of the Bitter Coast. Also checking out an ancestral tomb to see what they look like. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/-0iN3DyBWn8

Hi Fluent ! Your play through's going nicely, as I just watched episode 25 it seems you're up for a long Fedex quest with all the stuff that Ienas gave you :)

I was wondering about the mods you've added on top of the MGSO ? Can you post the list here, please ? You don't seem to use the F9 key to quick load your games, is there a specific reason for that ? Are you planning on putting screen shots on-line too ? Last question : you don't appear having taken the Fargoth's hidden place quest or did I missed it somehow ?

Hi Fluent ! Your play through's going nicely, as I just watched episode 25 it seems you're up for a long Fedex quest with all the stuff that Ienas gave you :)

Yeah, pretty much! It was worth it, though. Got a few hundred gold pieces for that one :)

I was wondering about the mods you've added on top of the MGSO ? Can you post the list here, please ?

Here is a link to the video where I show off most of the mods I'm using. Not all, but most. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6YheHxgzdw

You don't seem to use the F9 key to quick load your games, is there a specific reason for that ?

F9 is my video recording button. I changed quick load to some other button but I don't remember which because I never used it!

Are you planning on putting screen shots on-line too ?

I haven't put any screenshots from my current play-through up yet, but I might. I do have some screens from an older play-through, you can find them on Imgur by going here > http://imgur.com/a/Ra4Ej

Last question : you don't appear having taken the Fargoth's hidden place quest or did I missed it somehow ?

Nope, didn't do that quest. Can't bring myself to steal from the little bugger :). But if I'm ever in need of some quick cash I know that quest is there!

Responses in bold. And thanks for watching!

Ah, but you stole all those expensive soul gems from Galbedir. tsk tsk. ;)

Actually, this is related to one of my pet peeves with the Elder Scroll series - too many mean spirited, evil quests... Furthermore, sometimes they make it impossible to play a goodie two shoes role and finish quest lines.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Ah, but you stole all those expensive soul gems from Galbedir. tsk tsk. ;)

Actually, this is related to one of my pet peeves with the Elder Scroll series - too many mean spirited, evil quests… Furthermore, sometimes they make it impossible to play a goodie two shoes role and finish quest lines.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Thank you for watching them.

I usually play a goodie two shoes character, but this time I decided to try something different. And really, those soul gems were just too darn alluring for me not to grab them. So nice and shiny. :)

Ah, all the shinnies… I can understand that as for myself I've never been able to play something other than an Agent or a Nightblade in an ES game, just because I'm unable to resist being some sort of baddies, always intruding into someones house and pilfering shinnies :) Really, this series are so great when it comes to exploration, finding hidden and secret places, how is it possible to resist flirting with the dark side ? I never went as far as joining the Camonna tong but the Thieves guild is fine with my taste !

Thanks for the links Fluent ! I'll peruse through those soon with great interest as I'm planning for myself a new run through Vvardenfell anytime soon. I've never been able to play a complete game with the MGSO as the last version I tried (that was v1.xx something ?) was too buggy on my rig. It seems the program has came a long way since then and appears very much stable and easy to install/tweak now. The time seems right as you revived my itch with your videos, so… (thanks for that) !

I have experienced crashes, however, once I downloaded the unofficial patch and installed it, as well as the 4GB RAM patch (which allows you to play with more than 4GB RAM), the game has been rock solid. Very surprising but I rarely crash anymore. It's even much more stable when I exit the game. That has given me the most problems. When I exit, the game freezes up and I actually have to reboot my system to fix it. Haven't had that happen since I installed those 2 patches.

Have fun! Game is still amazing to this day. There's so much content, so much to do, it's crazy, really.

Haven't had that happen since I installed those 2 patches.
I thought those patches were included as well in the MGSO mod, aren't they ?! I'll report here in a couple of days about my own experience with the mod anyway. I used to play Morrowind heavily modded and I'll post my detailed set up here too. I haven't watched your own set up yet but I suspect your mod list differs from mine somehow. More on this later :)

I thought those patches were included as well in the MGSO mod, aren't they ?!

MGSO includes the Morrowind Code Patch (I think it's called that, don't quote me). The Unofficial Morrowind Patch was not included if I'm understanding correctly. I had to download it and activate it myself.

I have experienced crashes, however, once I downloaded the unofficial patch and installed it, as well as the 4GB RAM patch (which allows you to play with more than 4GB RAM), the game has been rock solid

Cool! Are these mods listed with the full set of mods you are currently using somewhere? The "about" for each video would be a good place.

I don't have a list, but when I get in the mood I will make one. I don't even know half the official names of these mods to begin with, so it's tricky.

The 4GB patch comes with MGSO (I think), so just activate it if you are using more than 4GB of RAM. As I said earlier, the Unofficial patch doesn't come with MGSO (as far as I know), so just grab that and use it as well. In terms of patches that should be all you need.

Morrowind is even more stable when I Alt+Tab out of it now. I wouldn't recommend making that a habit, though, but the few times I tried it after installing the patches, it worked great.

I started making my videos 20 minutes long to save on the confusion of editing shorter videos. I'm probably only going to upload one per day, maybe two, so I don't overload people with content as I've been doing the past few weeks :D.

Anyway, in this new episode here, we explore Maar Gan, which turns out to be a very interesting place. I believe the LGNPC mod is active here, as I'm getting lots of interesting responses in dialog with NPCs. Check it out if you're interested in Morrowind lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLP0n0XNAiE

Fluent, your update rate has dropped off. I was enjoying daily videos. Before you stop entirely, make sure you show us other areas like Sheogorad, Grazelands, Azura's Coast, West Gash, and Solstein. :)

Sorry! Just been busy. I will upload a new episode today, though. After that I have to catch more footage and I've been playing other games, but I will keep playing Morrowind as well.

Yeah, there's a lot I want to see yet in Morrowind. Must...stay...disciplined. Seriously though, I'm going to be focused on Morrowind and uploading at least one episode a day from here on out.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Definitely, especially the expanded discussions and quests with the NPCs. However, do the ash storms never end in Molag Amur, Red Mountain, and Ald'ruhn? There were plenty of clear days on my unmodded playthrough. I'd like to see the view distances there on a clear day.

Back
Top Bottom