Hero - Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Newly formed publisher Gamecock (who is just asking for their press releases to get caught by every spam filter) sent us an announcement of a new action/RPG from Firefly Studios (Stronghold) called simply Hero:
LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 12, 2007 – Gamecock Media Group is pleased to announce they have joined forces with Firefly Studios to launch their next game – Hero. Gamecock founders Mike Wilson and Harry Miller first started working with Firefly while running Gathering of Developers. At that time, the two companies brought the original Stronghold games to market.
“When we discussed working with them again, they asked if we wanted the next Stronghold or an original title. The team was insanely passionate and committed to the new original title, so it was a no-brainer for us, we choose that,” said Mike Wilson, CEO and Head of Marketing for Gamecock Media Group. “They understand that consumers want something more than another sequel and we plan to support that vision.”
“Having worked with Mike and Harry in the past, we know we have a publisher that is exciting and creative in outlook, but also supremely capable in having fresh ideas and titles such as Hero break out,” said Simon Bradbury, CEO of Firefly Studios. “They are a very artist driven and flexible company and we think, perfectly placed to take on ‘the establishment’ in the shifting sands of the publishing landscape!”
Hero is the first game to take you into a real dungeon, one where a shadowy evil has come to feed on despair. This a dungeon at war - not a place with bags of gold just lying around! This action RPG uses Firefly's dazzling new HD engine, allowing the player to storm heroically through underground halls while taking in the detail and complexity of a world previously unseen. Master melee, ranged and magic skills and 'Close combat' a totally new, brutal mode of fighting as you battle your way through vast crowds of monsters. Fight alone or have a friend drop in to survive - and maybe even save - the darkest society imaginable!
Hero is slated for a Spring 2009 release on a PC and a next-gen platform. To see more about Hero please visit www.heroherohero.com.
A video clip can be found at the site. At a glance, the single dungeon setting is perhaps reminiscent of Arx Fatalis.
More information.

I know we don't know a thing yet, but I watched the small teaser on the site. It looks interesting and nice, now just hope the story will be the same and the game will be good.
Simple title but so did Gothic have simple title

One could wish for a little more dignity in the pub's name. But I'm always ready to welcome a good hack n slash that at least tries to create it's own world. Looks interesting.

Edit: While refreshing the two remaining brain cells which pretend to function as my memory regarding the past history of Gathering of Devs, I found this info at Gamasutra, if anyone is interested:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12769

Last edited:
looks nice, which reminds me, i have yet to finish arx fatalis, which i just reinstalled a couple of days ago, will have to cheat my way through that one to check it off my list finally.

One of those interesting ideas with just enough detail to make me remember that Hero is an RPG and I should keep an eye out ... but not much else.

dark messiah was a fun game. I have no objections if hero is anything like it.

Back
Top Bottom