Pricewatch!

But it looks on those pics as some other game I can't remember the title now, the nostory thing with horseback riding. Whic I've never bought nor will. Does this one contain a story or it's MMO repeatable grind quests?

But it looks on those pics as some other game I can't remember the title now, the nostory thing with horseback riding. Whic I've never bought nor will. Does this one contain a story or it's MMO repeatable grind quests?
No it has a story as it's based on a russian sci-fi novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky. It's actually a sequel in a sense to the book.

It has all the usual cliches that every single player RPG has. You can also look at the archive on site for reviews.- http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0&id=89
Hard to Be a God is a role playing game with adventure and espionage elements based on a storyline of the novel with the same name by Strugatsky brothers.

The main hero is a graduate of a medieval secret service highschool. His mission is to scout and report the situation in the Kingdom of Arkanar, an indepented anarchical state. The character is a real professional who took the best course in combat and diplomatic training. He’s strong, sly and intelligent, his mightier than the whole Arkanar, but his world still has some surprises for him.

The highly developed Earth race governs the series of unexpected events in Arkanar and contacts the agent. The main hero starts his new mission in co-operation with Earth forces. The agent gains access to incredibly advanced technologies. In his native underdeveloped world, he almos becomes a God.

How will it end?
You can see by the description when I meant the game has a translation problem. Also don't you dare make fun of Mount & Blade those are fighting words.
boxing_smiley.gif

Last edited:
I agree completely, and I'll never understand why that game was so popular. It did have a lot of potential especially with the setting, but it was poorly executed imo at least for single-player. The ridiculous speed at which enemies and items respawned is mainly what killed it for me, but there are a lot of other things I didn't like as well.

It was obvious that the single-player campaign was an afterthought.
Sadly the co-op mode suffers from the same issues as the singleplayer mode. While playing with friends can help alleviate some of the boredom, the way the game scales with players introduces a new issue. In singleplayer mode you at least get the satisfaction of carving through hordes (or well, groups) of enemies and feeling mighty, in co-op all the enemies gets more HP, which means that you might end up whacking the same zombie for a while before it goes down. This removes a lot of the momentum from the combat

Also don't you dare make fun of Mount & Blade those are fighting words.
Yes, that's the game I'll never buy, ty for reminder.
With no actual story to follow they can go mountblading someone else.

Anyways, bought that HtbaG game that's not listed anywhere else but on gamersgate.

I gave Hard to be a God about 15 hours but I just couldn't get into it. There were about 3 games that came out around that time that felt very similar to me. Silver, Avangast(?)-Rise of the Mages and another one. None of them drew me in but HTBAG seemed to have the most potential.

Last edited:
New Humble Bundle. And it is not very humble this time (but it is darn good). Currently it contains:
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Lord of the Rings: War in the North

And beat the average to get
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Also from humble, a Team 17 weekly sale containing:
Worms Armageddon
Worms Blast
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Worms Pinball
Worms Crazy Golf
Superfrog HD

and pay more than $6 to get
Alien Breed: Impact
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Worms Revolution Gold

FEAR 2 was a massive dissapointment for me.

FEAR 3 is a ball of fun and well done, and even its co-op modes can be played solo and they are very innovative and lots of fun to play (try the wall of death - 'F**king run' mode, not for the faint hearted). Even more fun with online co-op.

The original F.E.A.R. was the best game in that series by far.

Great bundle. Too bad I already have most of those games. Even Scribblenauts is surprisingly entertaining.

DRM-Free Fall Insomnia Sale on GoG. It's fast and bloody.

The problem is it's almost too fast! I saw Two Worlds 2 pop up very briefly before disappearing, and there have been a few freebies that disappeared as soon as they were on the screen.

Wow! No kidding, I watched a bar fall to almost zero available in seconds. Kind of fun actually.

EDIT: Nevermind, the server crashed on one of the freebie deals. Shit. I'm crushed. ;) Nice idea though. Poor execution. Typical GOG.

It seems to be getting faster. I guess word's getting around.
NWN2 went from 200 (jumping up to 400 briefly?) and vanished in no time.

It's a feature ... They're helping manage backlog by not selling any games :)

Back
Top Bottom