Mouse not working

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
So I thought I would give the Witcher another play and downloaded from my account on Stream.

Everything loads correctly, I can use my mouse(touch pad) to load the game, change settings etc.

But it won't work in combat, I can't swing a sword at all.

I can't remember if I played it the first time on this lap, but I know I never had a problem before with it. Also have never had a problem with any other game on it.

Running a about a 2 year old Alienware m17x r3 that is only used for games so any idea's?

What version windows

8.1 pro

One other thing, I re-downloaded Skyrim with stream.

The mouse pad works fine with it but my computer shuts down after about 15mins of play.

This is so odd to me.

Found this online, I've never tried it as I've never had mouse problems. but it shouldn't hurt to try it just delete it if it doesn't work.

Hey I just made a change in a file at this folder: my documents->witcher-> config->user.ini
1.Please open the file "User.ini" with notepad.
2. at mouse input change useMouseDamp=true
3. save it
4. run the game normally

The mouse should work.

as below:

[MouseInput]
KeyboardCooldownSpeed=0.1
MouseDampX=7000
MouseDampY=7000
MouseSensitivityX=0.376923
MouseSensitivityY=0.235577
MouseSmoothness=1
SensitivityX=0.5
SensitivityY=0.5
Smoothness=1
UseMouseDamp=true

Done! Enjoy it!
Don't know why but it worked for me.

I also make sure all your drivers are up to date, you could also try re-installing the witcher 2, but before doing that verify integrity of game cache.

For the shutting down that sounds like a heat issue.(this is just a guess) you could download hwmonitor from CPUID to see temps.

Hey celtic.
try what sakichop suggested above. Witcher does not play nice with windows 8. Sorry.

Yet another reason to stick with Windows 7? :)

Sorry for the late reply.

I think I am just going to re-install 7.

That should work.

Just for reference though I was able to play the witcher on 8.1 pro with no issues.

So, i would guess it's more system specific than OS specific.

Back
Top Bottom