Wasteland 2 - Kickstarter Passes 500k

At 851k. I think they might hit 2 million by the end of their deadline.

860k... It will be over 900k tomorrow. I predict at least 3 mil maybe upwards of 5. I plan on pledging $50 for the boxed copy soon!

Gladly gave $15 for the downloadable copy. I used to collect game boxes but have no room for them anymore.

Really glad to see how well its doing - I'm sure it will be over the 900K threshold by the time I wake up.

They are just $10000 short now!

Does anyone know how much Kickstarter recieves of the total amount? I know Amazon keeps 5% from the payments.

I predict at least 3 mil maybe upwards of 5.

I doubt that. 2.5 maybe.. The Double Fine one was faster than this one and they reached 3.3 mil.

Last edited:
I'd love to play the original after hearing so many great things about, but it's just too dated for me at this point. I could probably get past the graphics, but the absence of any significant sound effects is a killer for me.

Ahh, that's a pretty weak excuse in my book. :) However, I reckon a solution might be DOSbox with a background playlist full of fallout oriented ambient music…would work for me.

I'm actually looking to pick up the original game on C64 on ebay at the moment. It's one of the few classics that I've struggled to obtain and people certainly ask for exorbitant prices for it. One guy last week wanted $130 US for it. I also got outbidded on one for $60 US.

Last edited:
I pledged 50$ before the hit their celling and maybe finally
by gamers for gamers will make a come back :)
now I'm hoping it will hit 1.5 mil cause they said if it does they'll be able to make the world really big.

I gave $150 because this is one of the games that got me hooked into computer gaming in the first place. I was always a fantasy gamer but I enjoyed this as much as Bard's Tale and Might and Magic 2. Long live games for gamers :) They need to have a clue book with a fake martian story. If they do that I will donate 5k :)

Ahh, that's a pretty weak excuse in my book. :) However, I reckon a solution might be DOSbox with a background playlist full of fallout oriented ambient music…would work for me.

Call me a whore but I can only go back so far when playing the classics. :)

There's a certain minimum a game has to meet for me when it comes to graphics, sound, and UI.

Shamefully, I can't even play Ultima Underworld. :blush:

I played Wasteland, liked the game but didn't like the post-apocalyptic setting (I still don't, I'm still a high-fantasy man). Played far but got stuck at some point where my guys just couldn't hurt the enemy with their attacks.
Oh, by the way, it's at $1,234,699 now with 31 days to go :)

Back
Top Bottom