Just started playing VtMB

Thoth

Sentinel
And man it's really great! It's just what I needed to play. Lots of great dialogue with good voice acting done right. I started it using Wesp's patch so I don't really know what it was like vanilla, but I hear it had a lot of problems. Anyways, I originally didn't get it since all the reviews I read of it were around the 70% mark so I ignored it, and then forgot about it.

Ummmm.... I guess that's it. TAH!

One of my all-time faves, even without WESP!

Definitely a great game, I also just recently played it for the first time. Which clan did you choose to play?

Toreador male.... seemed like you could get good dialogue with them. I originally played as a Brujah since I was told it was a good first start, but I quickly found that there was little combat... at least in Santa Monica. I really like how this game doesn't reward combat that much. SO I restarted.

When you complete this game don't forget to play as Malkavian, you'll see why ;)

Anyways, I originally didn't get it since all the reviews I read of it were around the 70% mark so I ignored it, and then forgot about it.
Reviews are one of the worst thing to make your opinion. In recent years the score depends on the hype not on quality.

When you complete this game don't forget to play as Malkavian

Seriously.
Replaying VtMB as a malk is a strong contender for my most unique rpg experience ever.

The dialogue/voice acting made a great impression on me when I first played it but the combat left me cold... will have to reinstall it and give it another chance. Only did put in about 3 or 4 hours I think. Maybe less. But the dialogue was great.

I'd like to see this game make a revival so it's always good to hear someone new is playing it. I have such fond memories of it and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I agree that melee combat wasn't done well, really. But stealth kills are awesome. The voice acting is some of the best in any game and it has some great music.

I don't know what that patch you mentioned does, but you might want to look for a mod that allows you to buy any clans armour. Although they all offer the same protection, each clan has it's own look and I think the Ventrue's long black leather coat is the coolest.

If you enjoy the game spread the word, man. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Actually, it seems like everyone but me played this game! It's really just what I needed right now...

but...

WTF is up with CHunk getting killed? I loved that guy and was expecting them to at least mention his death?!?! I'm heartbroken... no really...

I never understand the damn final of this game, the game was awesome, i play as the magician ones dont remember the camarilla name, but was really aweasome.
________
Colt

Last edited:
Actually, it seems like everyone but me played this game! It's really just what I needed right now...

but...

WTF is up with CHunk getting killed? I loved that guy and was expecting them to at least mention his death?!?! I'm heartbroken... no really...

Fear not, if you're talking about the guy nailed to the wall in the sewer it's not Chunk. I thought the same thing when I saw him. "Oh, no. Chunk! Not Chunk!"

Played this when it first came out, no patches or anything like that. The loading times were probably the scariest thing at the time, but what a great, great game. Even with all the bugs I really enjoyed it and it's a travesty that it didn't get the time and polish it deserved.

Left my copy of it in Ireland when I moved to the states last year, might be the right time to hunt down a new copy and play it again with all the new content.

Played this when it first came out, no patches or anything like that. The loading times were probably the scariest thing at the time, but what a great, great game. Even with all the bugs I really enjoyed it and it's a travesty that it didn't get the time and polish it deserved.

Left my copy of it in Ireland when I moved to the states last year, might be the right time to hunt down a new copy and play it again with all the new content.

All new content? What have I missed?

Back
Top Bottom