Fallout 3 - 40,000 Lines of Dialogue

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
That's 20 times the ammount of lines in Fallout.
It seems that it tackles the hard issues which are usually eschewed by videogames, like slavery, homosexuality, drug addiction, child related violence. The player will not see any mature rated image in the game, but the oldest profession in the world is a theme in some of the quests. The developers are keen to point out that the maturity level of the game is in line with that of the first two Fallout releases.
More information.

Back on topic:
That is quite an impressive amount of dialgoue, so let's hope it's more than just random rubbish all over the place. I believe PS:T had roughly 800.000 words, which is quite a bit more, but that dialogue is actually very interesting - loads of boring dialogue won't really make a game better.

Still, it's a good sign from my point of view. :)

that is alot of dialogue, and as has been said if its not all random, repeated, or junk text than i've gained a bit more hope for the game. heres to possibilites.

Maylander : 800 000 words or lines of text ? Both are a lot and I'm almost sure you mean words... Just want to be sure. And I agree that it might give the game some of its original feeling back if it really has meaningful text.

I'll probably buy the game if it's not too much of an FPS ...

Yes, I mean words. Hard to compare the two really, since we don't know how many words the average line has.

However, it does say "dialogue" - does that mean we're dealing with 40.000 lines of recorded dialogue? That would be most impressive, unless it's 40 different voice actors saying the same lines over and over ("They say there's a thieves guild in town" with 40 different actors = 40 lines?).

40,000 lines of dialog that's about 10,000 lines per voice actor.

Back
Top Bottom