Dragon Age 2 - GameSpot Review

Dhruin

SasqWatch
"Soulless" is how GameSpot describes DA2: Legacy on the way to a 5.5/10 score:
Much of Dragon Age II's appeal had to do with its emotional impact. As protagonist Hawke's circle of friends grew, so did your connection to the ensemble cast--but it was a connection the game earned over the long haul. A two-hour add-on doesn't have the luxury of a long-form structure, so it must make an impact in other ways. Dragon Age II: Legacy makes a valiant attempt to strengthen your bond with Hawke, but ultimately it makes little impression. Not that there's anything wrong with a bit of fun combat and a nice new set of armor. But there are few standout moments in Legacy, unless you count the glitches and other sloppy details you might encounter. This downloadable content is entertaining in its own mindless way, but without a forceful narrative arc to support it, Legacy is soulless. It just goes through the motions and nothing more.
More information.

wow, what a shock :)
i really hope it won't take long until they stop making DLCs

I'm actually kinda surprised it's THAT low on a site like Gamespot. They seem to be quite forgiving of the AAA mindset.

I have actually heard from many people I trust that the combat is much improved but everything else is basically the same as DA2 proper.

"Soulless" Would also describe DA2, so it doesn't look like much has changed.

I didn't like the original DA2, but Legacy was quite alright IMO. I would have given 7.5 of 10.

Does it change the combat for the non-DLC content in any way?

No.

Basically the new combat is actually designed with enemies placed on the battlefield properly and not spawning behind you. Also less trash mobs and more tactical enemies.

No.

Basically the new combat is actually designed with enemies placed on the battlefield properly and not spawning behind you. Also less trash mobs and more tactical enemies.

That was one of my primary issues with DA2. Too bad they didn't go back and rebalance the old fights in the same way.

Oh well, this DLC isn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom