Borderlands 2 - GameSpy Checks Out Mechromancer DLC

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamespy invested time in the Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2, concluding it is not worth the $10.
Back to the question at hand: is the Mechromancer Pack worth $10? Right now I would say no -- at least not unless you're already sick of playing as the four existing classes. And seriously, if you've played 160 hours in the past three weeks (which would be roughly seven hours per day since release), turn the PC off for a little while and go hug a human. Maybe in another few weeks, if your love of Borderlands 2 extends that far and long, then I would say yes, go ahead and relive the adventure again with a new character. Who knows? It might even go for cheap during the Steam Holiday Sale.
More information.

Well, forgetting the fact that pre-order customers got it for free, a new class with her own suite of skills for $10 aint that bad a deal. The reviewer is is saying he wants new content above everything else to justify his money (which I personally find a silly argument in the case of a title w/ such varied and fun classes).

Well, forgetting the fact that pre-order customers got it for free, a new class with her own suite of skills for $10 aint that bad a deal. The reviewer is is saying he wants new content above everything else to justify his money (which I personally find a silly argument in the case of a title w/ such varied and fun classes).

I love the game, don't get me wrong, but to me the classes aren't all that varied. The skills are mostly of the "2% better at this or that" variety and few really thrill me.

The special skills are different, but honestly, I don't find myself using my char's Skill all that often (mostly because I keep forgetting about it). I think the mechro's Skill is the best and most useful by far. I might even go as far as to say overpowered.

The assassin has the sniper skills, but I do just fine using the sniper rifle with any other character.

What I love about the game is the visceral feel of the combat and the interesting environments. Frankly, the enemy AI is at times hilariously bad and once you get the "trick", the bosses are not difficult at all. First time with Flynt, for example, I got massacred. Then I figured it out, and he became a fluffy piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom