Ghost of a Tale - Behind the Scenes & The figurines

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It has been a while since we have posted anything about the mouse with a lute RPG Ghost of a Tale. The games website has a bunch of a new information for anyone interested.

The figurines are back!

After several tests we’ve found the best way to protect them: we put them in a plastic bag and fill it with what’s called “exfoliated vermiculite”, which is basically powdered/crushed volcanic rocks. That substance is not organic (so it’s fine for international shipping), but it is also very light yet firm enough that it can maintain the figurine safely from all angles and safely absorb the effects of inertia.

Each figurine is numbered and they’ll be shipping early this week. And then an army of undead rats will be unleashed upon the world!

Perks have shipped!

Hey guys, this is a quick perks-related update: you’ll be glad to know the T-shirts and post-cards all shipped. So hopefully you’ll get them fairly soon (please allow the time for snail-mail to reach you before panicking!). I really hope you’ll like those…

Behind the Scenes

Since David suggested I do a post regarding the applications I use to develop “Ghost of a Tale”, here’s a quick breakdown of how my pipeline goes, starting with Maya.

Whether it’s character or environment I tend to begin with very basic poly shapes before I then move on to thinking about details. So Maya acts as a modeling software for very early stage exploration. Of course character animation also happens in Maya. I also developed an exporter for Unity which allows me to export models and/or animations with just one click. Let me tell you it’s a real time-saver!
More information.

Last edited:
Yes I enjoyed the look of the preview video--it had kind of a furry fiction meets Fable look to it.

I always ask myself why they didn´t choose the mouse for the figurine, but the ugly skeleton thing.

Back
Top Bottom