Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Mod Removes Gold Filter

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
If you are tired of gold tinted everything in Deus Ex: Human Revolution then have I got a mod for you. The guys over at ENBSeries have taken out the gold tint with this little mod. What a difference it makes.
There are a few catches to installing this mod. You need to own a Nvidia card and your framerate will take a hit. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I imagine if you think your computer can handle it then give it a try.
Source PC GAMER.
More information.

It looks fantastic, thanks Boris! :party:

Are any of those comments at Kotoku actually about the mod itself? I don't think they mentioned the gold tint once.

Funny stuff. Thanks, JDR.

Now only thing that i ask myself,

Who ever thought the gold filter was good idea in first place ?

You know, I didn't mind the color scheme of DE: HR. I actually think it helped create a solid, unique futuristic/sci-fi atmosphere with its own original personality. For me, it was certainly better (or perhaps more distinguishable anyway) than using a bunch of neon blue again that many sci-fi games and movies have already used.

You know, I didn't mind the color scheme of DE: HR. I actually think it helped create a solid, unique futuristic/sci-fi atmosphere with its own original personality.
Same here.
Kudos to the guy(s) who made it for those who dislike the original filter, but personally I´d take the original´s characterful look over the ENBS´ anonymous one any day.
And frankly, I´ve yet to see a game where ENBSeries´ changes result in net improvement over an original. I tried it with few games already and my impression always was it generally adds effects for the heck of it, exaggerates what does not need exaggeration, results in a loss of detail in many scenes and bogs performance.
But maybe I´m just too conservative or just sucked at customizing it :).
At any rate, more options, the better.

Last edited:
Add me to the like the Golden Hues of DEHR choir. I hope more designers start to put their own color imprint on RPGs. I'm tired of the overwhelmingly brown color palate of just about every other game.

I didn't notice the gold filter as I played. I had noticed it in preview screen shots but once I started playing and enjoying the awesome game (awesome other than the boss fights which were meh) I didn't notice an excess of gold.

I didn't really notice it until they showed those screenshots without it. I much prefer the modded out version now.

It's not really a big deal either way, but it just looks a little crisper to me.

Eh? I like the way the game looked WITH the gold. I never noticed it. The mod version makes it looks a bit too cold, IMO. But each to his. ;)

I feel no need for this. I like the look of the world as originally conceived.

I just wouldn't have minded some more variety in the missions or levels or quests or whatever you want to call them. Anyone who works in a corporate office or an immaculate industrial loading dock ought to take more care in looking behind every cubicle and around every corner. :p

Does the gold filter exist no matter your graphical options? I never noticed it playing on medium-high DX9.

My "issue" with the gold filter was that levels felt too similar using the same colors.

I assume levels were designed with that filter in mind, though, so I wouldn't expect a "simple" solution like this would change anything for the better.

But I'll check it out at some point.

The gold filter IS like living in LA. Added more realism sort of for me.

@JDR Those comments were funny, until page n….

I've been to L.A. many times when I lived in SoCal and didn't notice a gold tint to my surroundings.

Weeelllll, maybe if had I just gone to a Jerry Garcia Show, but then there was sorta a swirly multi-colored tint to the surroundings ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom